Foreign language pay testing underway
- Up, up & away. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;11/24/97, Vol. 13 Issue 43, p34
Presents information on the difficulties of the Air Force in keeping its best fighter pilots in uniform, while highlighting the increase in salaries. Number of pilots who resigned in 1996; Expected amount of Air Force pilots to leave the service in 1997.
- Military Pay. // Airman;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p38
Presents charts depicting the monthly pay for the personnel of the U.S. Air Force.
- Can't Get Enough. Babin, Chance C. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2004, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p22
Profiles the U.S. Air Force Technical Sargeant, Tom McKee. Career in the military; Dedication to the military; Functions as an enlisted troop and officer; Compensation; Personl experiences at the military.
- Facts & Figures About Today's Aerospace Forces. // Airman;Jan2002, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p28
Presents facts and figures about the U.S. Air Force as of January 2002. Regions where the major Air Force bases overseas are located; Breakdown of the budget for fiscal year 2002; Salary figures of the U.S. airmen; Air Force awards and decorations.
- Take a good look. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr99, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p22
Reports on issues to be considered by Reservists who plan to leave the United States Air Force Reserve Command. Shopping privileges; Pay and incentive bonuses; Opportunity to earn a military retirement; Special pay and allowances; Changes in imminent danger pay; Intangible benefits.
- Air Force offers big bucks to R.Phs. // Drug Topics;4/1/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 7, p9
The article presents information about vacancies of good pharmacists in the U.S. Air Force. They are offering a record $30,000 signing bonus to get the pharmacy officers on board before Oct. 1, 2004. The officers will also be entitled to specialty pay while sewing on active duty The criteria for...
- Military Pay. // Airman;2007 Special Issue, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p60
Several charts are presented depicting the monthly pay of enlisted and commissioned officers and officers with more than four years of active duty in the U.S. Air Force.
- Wild blue yonder bonuses. Bedard, Paul; Mazzetti, Mark; Parker, Suzi; Boser, Ulrich; Enrich, David // U.S. News & World Report;06/18/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 24, p6
Discusses the difficulty of recruiting and retaining employees experienced by the United States Air Force in 2001. Problem of understaffing; Increase in the number of bonuses given by the Air Force; Expectation that the Air Force will meet its recruiting goals.
- Military and civilian pay and allowances. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p40
Presents a compilation of quotations of pay and allowances offered by the United States Air Force, for 1999. Enlisted pay chart; Civilian pay; Commissioned officers pay chart; Officers with more than four years of active duty as enlisted or warrant officer; Basic allowance for subsistence.