Early retirement offered for fiscal 1999
- Flying From the Air Force. // Government Executive;Jul2000, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on a legislative bill that would establish a three-year pilot program on early retirement at the United States Air Force. Goal of opening job slots for up-and-coming scientists and engineers with valuable technical skills; Expected cost savings from the measure.
- Free at 40. Rosato, Donna // Money;Feb2008, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p106
The article profiles the Nielsen couple's ability to retire in their forties. Todd and Julie Nielsen retired from the U.S. Air Force after 20 years and live in St. Louis, Missouri. The Nielsens started saving as soon as they were married which included not dining out, driving used cars, not...
- Air Force Cancels 2015 Layoffs: 'Enough is Enough'. Katz, Eric // Government Executive;12/18/2014, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Air Force has changed its plans to lay off employees in the year 2015. The Air Force says that it has reached the required level of budget cuts as a result of previous workforce reductions. The service has decided to continue its policy of offering voluntary...
- Air Force encourages rated officers to review commitment dates. // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the Air Force's call for rated officers planning to retire or separate from the service to request an active-duty service commitment review through their local military personnel flight. Impetus for the move; Procedures for reviewing records.
- MILITARY SALUTE. // South County Journal;5/1/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 18, pB4
The article offers information on graduation of several officials of the U.S. Military including Dominique A. Howard and Senaida Muric in the U.S. Air Force and also informs about the retirement of Mark A. Williams from the post of Master Gunnery Sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corps.
- A terrible choice. Doherty, John J. // Airpower Journal;Summer92, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p2
Editorial. Comments on a choice being given to US Air Force personnel to either accept an attractive separation bonus and leave the force for good or stay in and accept a smaller severance payment. View from a business standpoint; Decisions that must be made by both the individual and the...
- Donley To Retire As Air Force Secretary In June. // Defense Daily;4/26/2013, Vol. 258 Issue 21, p2
The article announces the retirement of U.S. Air Force Secretary Michael Donley effective June 21, 2013 after serving the position for five years.
- General Israel announces retirement. Green, Gerald // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug98, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the announcement of Major General Kenneth Israel of the United States Air Force to retire from the service. Career background; Replacement of Israel.
- Beware of the myths when considering early retirement. Kenney, Michael J. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/22/93, Vol. 14 Issue 34, Focus. p9B
Presents a list of the common myths encountered when considering early retirement. Financial considerations; Alternatives for early retirees; Employment; Increase in income.