T-38C, AT-38Bs get new paint scheme
- T-38 cockpit gets a digital upgrade. Wilson, Jim; Gleaves, Kathleen // Popular Mechanics;Jul96, Vol. 173 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the US Air Force's plans to upgrade its T-38 Talon training planes. Redesign of the cockpit.
- AIR SCOOP. Model Airplane News crew // Model Airplane News;Jun2002, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p12
Presents various model airplanes constructed by several companies in the U.S. Introduction of the P-47 Thunderbolt of JK Aerotech for combat enthusiasts; Performance of Boeing PT-17 Stearman from Flair Products Ltd; Presentation of the T-38 Talon from Bob Florence.
- T-38A Talon. Boyer, Paul // FineScale Modeler;May2006, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p58
Evaluates the 1/72 scale T-38A Talon model aircraft from Sword, and offers information on its price, its cockpit, wings, and other parts.
- T-38 Talon. Dieck, Randal // FineScale Modeler;Jan2004, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p68
Highlights a reassembly of a 1/48 T-38 Talon training plane model from Sword. Overview of its resin cockpit parts; Types of paints that were used; Problem encountered on main wheels.
- Northrop Grumman Corp.'s... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/30/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 9, p18
Reports that Northrop Grumman Corp.'s Integrated Systems and Aerostructures will build 55 replacement wings for United States Air Force T-38 Talon supersonic trainers.
- OPS Topics. // Flying Safety;Jul2000, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p26
Focuses on military aircraft accidents. Information on an accident involving a student pilot and a T-38 aircraft; Mishap experienced by a C-5 aircraft when it landed at Cairo West; Description of a mishap in a C-141 channel mission.
- Flight Test Report: `Nothing Wrong With T-3A.'. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/9/1998, Vol. 149 Issue 19, p84
Presents information on the United States Air Force (USAF) test team flight testing of the T-3A Firefly pilot-screening trainer. Information on the T-3A; Details on the testing done on the T-3A; Why USAF leaders rejected the test team findings.
- Depot Efforts Keep Talons Flying. // Air Safety Week;10/27/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p10
The article reports that the members of the 573rd Commodities Maintenance Squadron at Robins AFB, Georgia, have been working to make a new aileron actuator lever for the T-38 Talon used to train pilots. A faulty aileron lever was declared a contributing factor in the crash of a T-38, which...
- T-38 on the civilian market. Goyer, Robert // Flying;Apr97, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p40
Presents a photograph of a T-38A airplane that is being put up for sale in the civilian market. Features of the plane; Price; Contact information.