- Osan civil engineers deploy during South Korea floods. // Airman;Oct98, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p10
Reports that Staff Sergeant Christopher Ladymon, a 51st Civil Engineer Squadron pavement construction equipment operator from Osan Air Base, Korea, helped clear debris from the streets of Camp Red Cloud in South Korea, after floods swept through the camp. Properties damaged.
- Air Force rebounds after storm. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;9/12/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p3
The article reports that personnel at Keesler Air Force Base spent considerable time trying to clean up after suffering a direct hit from Hurricane Katrina, which sent waves of water throughout the base. The base is only a few blocks from the Gulf of Mexico. Damage ranged from flooding to roofs...
- Kadena helps China flood victims with U.S. relief supplies. // Airman;Oct98, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p10
Reports that an Air Force C-141 Starlifter loaded with American disaster relief supplies flew from Kadena Air Force in Okinawa, Japan, in August 1998, to help the people displaced by floods in China. Other relief missions sent by the United States to China; Number of lives lost during the floods.
- Cow-calf operation proves profitable. GIEBEL, ETHAN // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Sept2014, Vol. 152 Issue 9, p61
The article features beef producer Scott Hoffman and member of the sixth generation of the Hoffman family to manage their family-owned farm located in Soldiers Grove, Wisconsin,
- Floodplain complicates base redevelopment. Halcom, Chad // Crain's Detroit Business;6/29/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p4
The article reports that the elevation of the proposed redevelopment of Selfridge Air National Guard Base will have to climb because of unexpected flooding considerations. The areas of the base to be redeveloped are the northeast corner of the base including the former U.S. Army Garrison, the...
- Cow-calf operation proves profitable. GIEBEL, ETHAN // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Aug2014, Vol. 245 Issue 8, p55
The article offers information to Scott Hoffman, cattle farm operator of J & S Angus Farm located at Soldiers Grove in Wisconsin and his ways to operate the farm for its continuous success.
- A Garden Spot. McKenna, Pat // Airman;Feb99, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey. Views of United States Air Force airmen on McGuire; Service as a redistribution terminal for Europe; Construction projects at McGuire.
- When airmen get to Los Angeles Air Force Base, they find many opportunities awaiting them, and they're soon living the...California Dream. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Jun99, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p22
Features the Los Angeles Air Force Base in California. Details on the base; Reasons for some personnel's second thoughts about the city; Comments from Lieutenant General Eugene Tattini, commander of the Space and Missile Systems Center; Information on the housing; What the personnel have to say...
- Give Vance a Chance. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;May2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p22
Features the Vance Air Force Base in Enid, Oklahoma. Type of lifestyle at Vance; Contributions of the Air Force base to the economy of Enid; Neatness of Vance; Changes at the base.