AF delivers $8 million in aid to Armenia
- Around the Services. // Soldiers;Feb2002, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p48
Presents an update on the Armed Forces of the U.S. as of February 2002. Humanitarian relief effort of the Air Force in Afghanistan; Research vessel commissioned by the Navy; Focus of an information paper released by the Department of Defense.
- Behind the Lens. Jones, Christine // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2010, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses the views from the U.S. Air Force Reserve's 4th Combat Camera Squadron members deployed to Kandahar, Afghanistan on the importance of videographic documentation of Army's combat scenes. According to Technical Sergeant Francisco Govea, the photographs provide evidence for...
- A BIT OF HELP FROM THE AIR. Kearney, Marianne; Barnes, Julian E. // U.S. News & World Report;1/17/2005, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p26
Reports on relief supplies flown to the tsunami survivors in Indonesia. Cargo sent on a U.S. Navy SH-60 Seahawk helicopter; Airlifting of a wounded boy to a medical center in Banda Aceh; Statistics on Air Force planes and military personnel deployed; United States ships in the area; Comments of...
- Refugees arrive from Kosovo. Paige, Sean // Insight on the News;06/07/99, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p16
Focuses on the evacuation of 20,000 Kosovar refugees that the United States pledged to take. Decision to expedite procedures; Concerns raised about the impact of Kosovo refugees on neighboring nations; Finalization of Serb leader Slobodan Milosevic's ethnic-cleansing campaign.
- Group opposes changes in aid bill. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;06/20/97, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p8
Focuses on religious and relief groups' opposition against two amendments to the United States humanitarian aid bill that would help victims of famine in North Korea.
- Kerry inspires Yale grads with Yolanda. Katigbak, Jose // Filipino Reporter;5/23/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 25, p11
The article reports that the U.S. provided aid to typhoon-devastated Tacloban, Philippines without being asked and without asking for anything in return according to U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry who spoke at a commencement ceremony for the Yale Class of 2014 in New Haven, Connecticut.
- WHILE WE'RE AT IT. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb1998, Issue 80, p70
Presents information on the report "Giving Better, Giving Smarter: Renewing Philantrophy in America," issued by the National Commission on Philantrophy and Civic Renewal.
- Do Kosovo refugees receive better treatment than those from Africa and the Caribbean? Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;06/17/99, Vol. 90 Issue 25, p2
Compares the humanitarian aid being given to Kosovo, Yugoslavia refugees and that provided for African and Haitian refugees in the United States. Reasons given by relief organizations for the disparity in aid; Racial disparities in entrance to the United States.
- U.S. Air Force Personnel on Active Duty. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p212
No abstract available.
- The profession of arms. Fogleman, Ronald R. // Airpower Journal;Fall95, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p4
Reminds Air Force soldiers to earnestly place service before self in all they do. Reforming the Officer Voluntary Assignment System; Praises for Lieutenant General Benjamin O. Davis.