Osan civil engineers deploy during South Korea floods
- Waterlogged Laughlin. // Airman;Oct98, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p11
Reports that 1st Lt. Scott Hoffman and 2nd Lt. Jason Ginn of the 85th Flying Training Squadron in Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas, have gathered floating aircraft wheel chocks from the flightline to ensure storm drains remain free of debris. Flooding of the flight line and other areas on the...
- Air Force rebounds after storm. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;9/12/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p3
The article reports that personnel at Keesler Air Force Base spent considerable time trying to clean up after suffering a direct hit from Hurricane Katrina, which sent waves of water throughout the base. The base is only a few blocks from the Gulf of Mexico. Damage ranged from flooding to roofs...
- Kadena helps China flood victims with U.S. relief supplies. // Airman;Oct98, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p10
Reports that an Air Force C-141 Starlifter loaded with American disaster relief supplies flew from Kadena Air Force in Okinawa, Japan, in August 1998, to help the people displaced by floods in China. Other relief missions sent by the United States to China; Number of lives lost during the floods.
- Floodplain complicates base redevelopment. Halcom, Chad // Crain's Detroit Business;6/29/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p4
The article reports that the elevation of the proposed redevelopment of Selfridge Air National Guard Base will have to climb because of unexpected flooding considerations. The areas of the base to be redeveloped are the northeast corner of the base including the former U.S. Army Garrison, the...
- A Garden Spot. McKenna, Pat // Airman;Feb99, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey. Views of United States Air Force airmen on McGuire; Service as a redistribution terminal for Europe; Construction projects at McGuire.
- When airmen get to Los Angeles Air Force Base, they find many opportunities awaiting them, and they're soon living the...California Dream. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Jun99, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p22
Features the Los Angeles Air Force Base in California. Details on the base; Reasons for some personnel's second thoughts about the city; Comments from Lieutenant General Eugene Tattini, commander of the Space and Missile Systems Center; Information on the housing; What the personnel have to say...
- Give Vance a Chance. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;May2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p22
Features the Vance Air Force Base in Enid, Oklahoma. Type of lifestyle at Vance; Contributions of the Air Force base to the economy of Enid; Neatness of Vance; Changes at the base.
- U.S. and German authorities... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/1/2000, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p25
Cites the agreement between United States and German authorities to transfer the Rhein-Main air base at Frankfurt, Germany to civilian use by 2005. Incorporation of the facility into the Frankfurt airport; Cost of the handover.
- Glenview maps out land use after base closing. Moore, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, pR20
Reports that the military base Glenview Naval Air Station which closed in 1995 will be turned into a residential and recreation center along with an additional school and a metra commuter train station. Space allotted for these projects; Cost of projects; When project will be completed;...