Kadena helps China flood victims with U.S. relief supplies
- Statement on disaster assistance for floods in California. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;01/16/95, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p41
Details the United States President's statement on January 10, 1995, declaring the existence of a major disaster in California caused by the floods in northern and southern California. Directive for the Federal Emergency Management Agency Director James Lee Witt to oversee the Federal response;...
- Radio address to California flood victims. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;01/16/95, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p42
Presents the United States President's radio address on January 11, 1995, concerning the government's response to the flooding in northern and southern California. Declaration of the state as a major disaster; Assurance that disaster funds begin to flow; Recognition of the young volunteers from...
- Exchange with reporters prior to discussions with Prime Minister Tomiichi Murayama of Japan. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;01/16/95, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p42
Presents the American President Bill Clinton and Japanese Prime Minister Tomiichi Murayama's exchange with reporters on January 11, 1995, about the California floods. Support for the victims.
- Remarks to California flood victims. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;01/16/95, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p48
Details the United States President's statement on January 11, 1995, regarding the floods in California. Support for the flood victims; Efforts to quickly provide the necessary assistance; Citation of the works of young volunteers from AmeriCorps.
- Venezuela mobilizes for disaster. LaFranchi, Howard // Christian Science Monitor;12/22/99, Vol. 92 Issue 20, p6
Takes a look at the efforts of Venezuela to recover from December 1999 flooding and mudslides. Sources of disaster relief.
- Rise to the flood challenge. // Finance Week;03/03/2000, p9
Comments on the flooding that wreaked havoc in southern Africa. Need for the government to pay attention to the problem by providing emergency aid; Allocation of money for reconstruction; Question of logistics, coordination and management.
- Rescue plans take shape. // Finance Week;03/03/2000, p13
Reports that the South African government has provided emergency relief for flood victims. Extent of damage; Crisis in flood-stricken areas; Assurance that the government aid will include farmers.
- Middle Tennessee Recovers One Year After Flood Damage. Duggar, A. J. // Tennessee Tribune;5/5/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p5A
The article reports on the recovery of Middle Tennessee one year after a flood has devastated the area on May 2, 2010.
- Midwest reemerges slowly. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/30/93, Vol. 231 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the efforts of the government to help the Midwest to emerge from the flood that hit the region in 1993. Reopening of the Upper Mississippi to limited barge traffic; Putting all area locks and dams back into operation; Army Corps of Engineers' meeting with various government officials...