'Mush, you huskies!'
- Towing the mush line. Koehl, Carla; Van Boven, Sarah // Newsweek;12/18/1995, Vol. 126 Issue 25, p6
Informs that, because of unusually low snowfall in the Alaskan interior in 1995, residents of Fairbanks have started exercising their sled dogs using cars. Speed of dog teams; Fairbanks' snowfall as of December 18, 1995.
- Ready to Race. Freeman, Suzanne // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;02/21/2000, Vol. 62 Issue 18, p4
Focuses on sled dogs used in races.
- SNOW DOGS. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3 (Teacher's Edition);3/6/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 19, p2
Presents information on sled dogs and sled dog racing.
- Midnight Milestones. Cooper, Miriam // Mushing Magazine;Nov/Dec2013, Issue 155, p16
A personal narrative is presented wherein the author reflects on her relationship with her sledging dogs.
- TIPS & TRICKS. // Mushing Magazine;May/Jun2015, Issue 164, p15
The article offers tips for mushers on how to prevent broken toenails of their sled dogs to prevent injuries the race by expanding the horizontal metal of the sled.
- Two sled dogs die during Iditarod. // Animals;May/Jun95, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the death of two sled dogs during the winter 1994's running of the Iditarod. Allegations of cover-up against the Iditarod Trail Committee by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS); Necessity of removing other dogs from the race; Casualties in the dog race.
- Dogging It Through the Wilderness. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Feb/Mar86, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p40
Highlights the 1985 Iditarod race in Alaska. Reliance of participants on dogs descended from Eskimo breeds; History of the race; Race route; Victory of Libby Riddles in the race which also won for her the 1985 Sportswoman of the Year.
- Is the Iditarod Fair To Dogs? // New York Times Upfront;03/05/2001, Vol. 133 Issue 13, p26
Presents opinions on the inhumanity of dogsled racing, specifically the Iditarod in Alaska. Inadequacy of veterinary care during the race; Factors causing death of dogs; Debate on dog welfare during dog racing; Views of racer dog as victim of exploitation and abuse.
- SUPER DOGS. Streeper, Buddy // Mushing Magazine;May/Jun2015, Issue 164, p40
The article offers information on the sled dogs competing in the 2015 Open North American sled racing championships including season leader Skeeds, franchise type leader Zack and race finisher Moxie.