- A licence to print virtual money? Turner, Catherine // Marketing Week;10/19/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p16
The article reports on the popularity of Second Life, a virtual reality web site that alllows users to create an online existence for their alter ego and brands in Great Britain. Justin Bovington, founder of Rivers Run Red, a design company specializing in the development of virtual world...
- VIRTUALLY THERE Ready for Web 3.0? Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Jun2007, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p16
The article focuses on pastry chef Will Goldfarb's experiential approach to Internet marketing. In addition to his restaurant's Website, he and designer Jason Wright developed a virtual version of Room 4 Dessert called "Mama Sugar." This cyber-cafe is situated in Second Life a 3-D digital world...
- SOCIAL NETWORKING: REASONS TO JOIN AND THINGS DONE BY THE ROMANIAN CONSUMERS - AN EXPLORATORY ASSESSMENT. Călin, Veghe; Carmen, Pantea // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;2009, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p869
Initially developed in order to allow human interactions in the virtual environment as online communities of people having common concerns and willing to share and exchange ideas, today social networks represent one of the online marketing tools with the highest potential employed aiming to...
- Disney draws kids into branded virtual worlds. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;12/6/2007, p1
The article reports on the launch by Disney of a strategy in Europe that includes integrated virtual worlds for all its key brands. The site Disney.co.uk has been revamped as a broadband entertainment portal. Senior vice president Cindy Rose said they used to look at the Internet as a...
- Virtual Museums Abound. Troutner, Joanne // Teacher Librarian;Apr2003, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p40
Presents several Web sites that provide virtual museum options for teachers and students. Virtualmuseum.ca; Civilization.ca; Museumoflondon.org.uk.
- From the Traditional Grave to The I-Tomb. // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;Dec2011, pB11
The article reports on the launch of the World Virtual Cemetery's website, I-Tombs.com.
- The Economy of Second Life. // Odyssey;Jan2008, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p12
The article informs that financial exchange web site LindeX can be visited to acquire Linden dollars to spend in various activities of the Internet based virtual world, Second Life.
- CyberSightings. // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Dec2002, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p599
Presents information of several web sites related to mental health and internet, multimedia and virtual reality technology. Information about P5 gaming glove used in gaming virtual environments; Web site providing information about education and technology.
- THE BRAIN:. Y. T. H. // Curve;Sep2009, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p62
The article reviews the web site thebrain.com, a virtual mind-mapping system available for free download on the Web.