Clarkes loses out on lease
- Vegas rebate vote delayed. // Furniture/Today;9/17/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the delay of vote on tax breaks in the furniture market center due to terrorist attack in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- C&G leases. // New Hampshire Business Review;06/01/2001-06/14/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p43
Reports on the leased retail space of C & G Office Furniture in Salem, New Hampshire, as of June 2001. Background on the company; Terms of the lease.
- Main Street building eyed for prime showroom space. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;3/21/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p2
Reports that an eight-story building at 101 North Main Street is being marketed as a prime furniture showroom space in North Carolina. Number of square feet of space each floor has; Identification of the building's owner; Plan of constructing a covered walkway under Wrenn Street linking the...
- Accessory vendors optimistic for 2008. // Kids Today;Nov/Dec2007, p24
The article focuses on the market trend that makes various business people become optimistic about 2008 in the U.S. Accordingly, most vendors from several accessory categories are expecting a sales growth in 2008. Joel K. Kent, marketing director of Lite Source, said that the outlook for 2008 is...
- KEY DRIVERS FOR NAVIGATING BUSINESS. Allegrezza, Ray // Casual Living;Nov2012, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p56
This section offers news briefs regarding the furniture business as of November 2012. Furniture/Today gives a report entitled, "10 Things to Know During Market." According to the National Association of Realtors, new housing starts have increased 29 percent in August. Unemployment levels have...
- Leasehold or stranglehold? Oliphant, Jane // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p20
Reports on challenges facing furniture retailers in buying freehold property in Great Britain. Reasons why some retailers want to use cash to buy more stocks; Benefits of leasehold; Restrictions on out-of-town development; Increase in rents particularly in out-of-town locations; Challenges...
- Components business plots expansion. // Cabinet Maker;6/14/2013, Issue 5840, p6
The article reports that furniture components company Hill Panel Products (HPP) has acquired a plot of land on Kings Road in Oldham, England.
- Loose rungs on the property ladder. Walsh, Charlotte // Cabinet Maker;11/4/2005, Issue 5463, p10
Analyzes the recent upsurge in sales in the property market in Great Britain. Factors contributing to the trend; Implication of the trend to the furniture industry; Views of retail analysts on the effect of the trend on furniture prices.
- Chelsea's bespoke furniture maker. Pasquarelli, Adrianne // Crain's New York Business;8/18/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p18
The article reports that upscale furniture designer KGB United recently signed a 10-year lease for 6,050 square feet in an 80-year-old former warehouse at 261 11th Avenue, New York City. Asking rent for the space, the entire fourth floor, was $35 a square foot. This will be KGB's first display...