Simmons leaves after Brock takes residence
- Simons says. Millar, James // Cabinet Maker;1/17/2003, Issue 5320, p35
Profiles executive Carolyn Simons of furniture company Homestyle Group in Great Britain. Contribution of Simons to the company; Educational background; Career history.
- A question of distribution. // Cabinet Maker;2/20/2004, Issue 5376, p3
Reports on the resignations of senior managers in furniture companies in Great Britain. Carolyn Simmons of Homestyle; Peter Sheffield from Reid Furniture; Chris Peddar from Furnitureland.
- Merger puts Sleepmasters at top of bed retailer tree. Anghelides, Bernard // Cabinet Maker;07/10/98, Issue 5096, p3
Reports that bed retailer Sleepmasters of Great Britain has merged with Bedland. Total stores of the merged companies; Remarks from Philip Cort, Sleepmasters' chairman and managing director; Estimated value of turnover by March 1999; Sleepmasters' expansion plans.
- Furniture sales feel the heat. // Cabinet Maker;9/26/2003, Issue 5357, p5
Reports on the decrease in the like-for-like sales at Homestyle Group's furniture division in Great Britain. Impact of the hot weather on the company's sales; Improvement in the market share of the firm; Increase in the sales of the company's textile division.
- Homestyle still looking at reducing its debts. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p3
Reports on the efforts of Homestyle Group PLC to look for ways of reducing its debts. Doubts of stockholders on the Group's capability to reduce its debts; Rights issue which is increasingly seen as an opportunity to buy the Group at a fraction of its value; Allegation that a rights issue would...
- Retail gloom as all shares tumble. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p6
Focuses on the stock performance of companies from the furniture industry. Decline in the prices of the shares of Homestyle Group PLC; Percentage of the loss suffered by Nobia; Reason for the fall of the value of the stocks of Kingfisher PLC.
- Topping for Homestyle. // Cabinet Maker;8/5/2005, Issue 5450, p6
Reports on the appointment of Ian Topping as CEO of retailer Homestyle Group PLC in Great Britain. Departure of David Brock from the company; Relationship agreement of the firm with Steinhoff; Benefits of the agreement to Homestyle.
- Chief moves at Buoyant and Homestyle. // Cabinet Maker;11/11/2005, Issue 5464, p3
Reports that Bill Carrahar, the former CEO of Buoyant Upholstery, is leading the bed division of Homestyle Group PLC starting December 5, 2005. Job responsibilities; Relevance of Steve Gill, the former commercial director of Silentnight Group, in the employment of Carrahar at Homestyle Group PLC.
- Family ties. // Cabinet Maker;8/24/2007, Issue 5552, p27
The article discusses the competitive advantage and marketing strategies of Bensons Beds, The Bed Shed and Sleepmasters. It has been mentioned that these furniture companies have a management consultant that brings an effective marketing structure to ensure differentiation. However, the stores...