Sale success for ScS but Beere goes
- Beere to stay at ScS. // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p6
Reports that upholstery chain store, ScS Corp. has persuaded financial director, Sacha Beere to stay with the company in the new role of operations director to strengthen its back office systems.
- ScS to increase investment in staff training. de Melim // Cabinet Maker;01/21/2000, Issue 5171, p2
Discloses the ScS furniture store chain's plan to undergo a recruitment and training drive in order to cope with its expansion program.
- DFS: going back to its roots. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p8
Analyzes the attempt by DFS executive chairman Lord Kirkham to buy back the Great Britain-based furniture company. Amount of the offer; Objective for the move.
- Retail giants in critical capital bid. // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2008, Issue 5592, p3
The article reports that furniture suppliers ScS Upholstery and Land of Leather are trying to raise capital to secure the future of their businesses in Great Britain. ScS has appointed Ernst & Young's corporate finance team for a financial restructure. Land of Leather has launched an Â£18...
- DFS is gaining on last year's figures. // Cabinet Maker;12/08/2000, Issue 5217, p2
Reports on the financial performance of upholstery retailer DFS in Great Britain as of September 2000. Comparison with 1999 figures; Growth prospects for 2001.
- Turn off the telly. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;10/25/2002, Issue 5310, p1
Comments on the strong financial performance of British furniture manufacturer DFS Furniture PLC in 2002. High level of advertising by DFS; Efforts to upgrade DFS stores and designs.
- DFS posts record sales per sqft. // Cabinet Maker;10/25/2002, Issue 5310, p3
Reports on the sales performance of England-based furniture manufacturer DFS for the 53-week period ended August 2002. Sales per floorspace; Market share; Operating profits; Opening of three additional stores.
- THE WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;3/16/2012, Issue 5779, p11
The article offers news briefs related to the furniture industry of Great Britain as of March 2012 which includes the company Moores shortlisted for Greenbuild Awards, website launch by the firm Fagan's Furniture and 32.5 million pounds spent by DFS Furniture Co. Ltd. on television advertisement.
- Dividends are high at DFS. // Cabinet Maker;10/20/2000, Issue 5210, p2
Reports on the cash dividends given by DFS Furniture to its shareholders. Increase sales in July 2000; Increase in pre-tax profits.