Riserless drilling JIP moving to second phase-development
- Manifold dives deep to perform triple duty. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/10/94, Vol. 232 Issue 2, p22
Features Strathspey North Seal oil field's manifold. Cost of the project; Features; Field operator; Location of the manifold; Contents of the manifold; Builder; Designer.
- Products & services. // Offshore;Nov95, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p104
Presents a series of news briefs on products and services associated with offshore drilling.
- Fishing operations in horizontal and extended-reach wells. Williamson, Steve; Reeves, Bill // Offshore;Feb98, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p38
Discusses the use of computerized jar placement in fishing operations in horizontal and extended-reach wells. Background on the basic reasons for and tools in fishing; Uses of hydraulic jars in fishing; Insights on the difference in performance between jars; Guidelines for jar placement;...
- Back-to-back flowline bundles targeted for remote subsea fields. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Feb98, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p48
Focuses on Rockwater's manufacture of towed flowline bundles aimed at remote subsea oil fields. Rockwater's supply of packages to Shell's Gannet E/F project; Rockwater's installation of bundles at Asgard's mid-Norway-based operations; Potential need for Rockwater to improve insulation...
- New dual BOP aimed at deepwater. Furlow, William // Offshore;Aug98, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p24
Features Hydril's Dual GX 18 3/4-1,000 Annu-Flex, a blowout preventer configuration designed to boost flexibility in deepwater.
- Multiport selector manifold cuts valve, bypass piping needs. Terdre, Nick // Offshore;Aug98, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p175
Reports on the test installation of SINA's multiport selector manifold on Statoil's Gulfaks A platform and at a Saudi Aramco oilfield outside Damman in Saudi Arabia. Key features of the manifold; Maintenance cost; Advantages offered by the manifold.
- Race to develop 10,1000-ft water depth equipment continues. Furlow, William // Offshore;Dec97, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p24
States that an increasing number of tools are emerging from the design boards and machining halls to deal with the seafloor forces in ultra-deepwater oil well drilling.
- Tougher blast walling developed. // R&D Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p9
Reports that engineers at the Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research developed a type of blast walling capable of better withstand fire and explosion, to control accidents on offshore oil and gas platforms. Details on the type of blast walling created by the organization.
- Shallow flow diverter JIP spurred by deepwater washouts. // Offshore;Mar98, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p90
Reports on the joint industry project (JIP) to develop a subsea diverter to control shallow water flows which is hampering deepwater explorations in the Gulf of Mexico. Appointment of Allen Gault, Conoco's staff engineer, as project administrator; Design of the diverter; Founding members of the...