United States Intervention in the Yen and Mark Foreign Exchange Markets: Efficiency and Success
- Testing the Rationality of Exchange Rate Expectations: Evidence from Survey Data. Miah, Fazlul; Hassan, M. Kabir; Alam, S.M. Ikhtiar // American Business Review;Jan2004, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on the rationality of exchange rate expectations in the United States. Bias of the forward discount; Exchange rate perceptions from various sources.
- Latest Data Releases. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Apr2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p6
Presents updates on trade levels, employment and currency in Mexico as of April 2004. Export-import activity; Unemployment rate; Currency exchange.
- PERSISTENT TRADE EFFECTS OF LARGE EXCHANGE RATE SHOCKS. Baldwin, Richard; Krugman, Paul // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov89, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p635
This paper presents a theoretical basis for the argument that large exchange rate shocks--such as the 1980s dollar cycle--may have persistent effects on trade flows and the equilibrium exchange rate itself. We begin with a partial-equilibrium model in which large exchange rate fluctuations lead...
- Views From Abroad: Japan. Freitas, Lewis P. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Summer78, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p377
This article presents views regarding the economic activities in Japan. The rise in the value of the yen, and other key foreign currencies relative to the dollar, called to the attention of many investors the possibility of improving their investment performance through international...
- Vicious circle. de Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;7/6/2001, p41
Focuses on the economic situation in Zimbabwe as of July 2001. Exchange rate against the United States dollar and other international currencies; Domestic fuel price movements; Foreign exchange reserves relinquished by exporters to the government; Performance of the business sector. INSET: New...
- Global digest: Foreign exchange. Bayer, Alexie // Treasury & Risk Management;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p28
Reports foreign exchange issues in South Africa, Ireland and Russia. Aims of South Africa in continuing to use open market intervention; Significance of revaluing the Irish punt against the German mark; Information on the redenomination of Russia's ruble at the start of 1998.
- ECONOMICS & BUSINESS. // Future Times;2010, Vol. 3, p11
This section offers news briefs related to economics and business worldwide. The U.S. rebalances its economy as it shifts away from debts and consumption and moves towards exports and saving. Emerging markets are experimenting with new business models including reinventing the their production...
- Near-Term Peso Stability. // Latin America Financial Alert;6/9/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 37, p4
Presents updates on the currency in Argentina as of May 2003. Outlook for the Argentinean peso against the U.S. dollar; Key market dynamics that will possibly affect the peso's performance in 2003; Information on macroeconomic data and projections for 2004.
- Rupee Maintains Strength. // Economic Review (05318955);Jul2003, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p56
Reports on the value of the rupee, the currency of Pakistan. Inter-bank rate; Kerb rate; Appreciation of rupee; Rupee strength from the rising foreign reserves.