The International Dimensions of Functional Business Courses
- Education/Professional Development. S.J. // Marketing News;1/7/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses trends in marketing education and professional development in the United States in 2002. Marketing educators predict that electronic commerce training will be more integrated into the curricula for bachelor's and master's degree candidates in business and marketing schools....
- Technical and Non-technical Aspects of World E-business Education. Fusilier, Marcelline; Durlabhji, Subhash // International Proceedings of Economics Development & Research;2013, Vol. 60, p5
Technical and non-technical course content was investigated for 153 e-business degree program curricula based in different parts of the world. Data were collected from university web pages for bachelor's and master's degree programs. Results suggested programs based in North America tended to...
- Enterprise Education as a National Focus. // Ethos 7-12;2001 Term 3, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the adaption of Enterprise Education in Australia. Example of curriculums incorporating enterprise education; Identification of skills of an enterprising individual; Details on the resources for enterprise education.
- Business course draws students from across campus. Chonko, Larry // Baylor Business Review;Fall1998, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p10
Looks at all of the business functions in a business course and how they interrelate. Details on the two objectives of Business 1301; Kinds of problems that students encounter in college; How businesses develop and maintain a competitive advantage.
- Customizing College Courses. Curry, Shetee R. // Fortune;10/13/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 7, p191
Looks at the growing number of companies that are approaching local universities requesting customized degree programs aimed at teaching their employees specific skills needed on the job. The example of Motorola who persuaded Arizona State University to develop a technology masters of business...
- In Cahoots! // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);1/31/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p6
The article offers information on the course offered by West Texas Innovation Network (WTIN) in collaboration with Aspermont Industrial Development Corp. (AIDC) in Abilene, Texas which covers business expansion, financial assistance, and marketing.
- A thumbs up from NZTA for tender evaluators course. // LG: New Zealand Local Government;
The article explores the Clever Buying course from the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA), which was created to teach best practice skills for preparing Requests for Tender and evaluating tenders based on the Procurement Procedures of the NZTA.
- A Faculty Forum on Giving Voice To Values: Faculty Perspectives on the Uses of This Pedagogy and Curriculum for Values-Driven Leadership. Gentile, Mary C. // Journal of Business Ethics Education;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p305
A description of the "Giving Voice to Values" business curriculum and pedagogy is presented.
- Business Education Will Prepare Today's Students for Tomorrow's Economy. Smith, C. LeMoyne // Educational Leadership;Sep88, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p55
Focuses on the role of business education in schools in preparing productive citizens in the United States. Need for introducing the subject in school curriculum; Importance of the subject in education; Benefits of the subject for students.