The Influence of Managerial Activities on the Success of Intercollegiate Athletic Directors
- Timing Is Everything. Hoch, David // Coach & Athletic Director;Sep2006, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p14
This article provides advice for scholastic athletics administrators. The author notes that many school athletic administrators suffer from poor timing, especially when requesting money or assistance. Several tips are provided for athletic administrators towards judging the role of time when...
- An Economic Look at the Sustainability of FBS Athletic Departments. Fort, Rodney // Journal of Intercollegiate Sport;Jun2010, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p3
In this descriptive historical review, I examine indicators of economic health for FBS athletic departments over time--attendance, media revenues, postseason revenues, operating revenues and expenses of athletic departments, and competitive balance. In addition, I review these and business...
- The Case for the Full-Time AD. Hoch, David // Coach & Athletic Director;Feb2000, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p12
Discusses the importance of athletic director in the success of an athletic program.
- Closing Down for the Summer. Hoch, David // Coach & Athletic Director;May/Jun2000, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p4
Suggests several things that an athletic director should do before closing down for the summer.
- A Status Quo(tation). Hoch, David // Coach & Athletic Director;Mar2001, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p42
Presents guidelines regarding the position and responsibilities of athletic directors in schools.
- What Experience Teaches the A.D. Kotzur, Tim // Coach & Athletic Director;Mar2003, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p57
Gives pieces of advice on becoming an effective athletic director. Purpose of justifying one's decisions; Significance of expecting the unexpected; Role of learning to say no.
- The Fine Art of Saying 'No' Hoch, David // Coach & Athletic Director;Apr2003, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p26
Gives pieces of advice to athletic directors on the task of saying no to school principals and superintendents. Factors to consider in dealing with a request; Reminders on turning down requests.
- Dealing With Chronic Complainers. Hoch, David // Coach & Athletic Director;Mar2002, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p4
Presents guidelines for athletic directors on handling complaints from coaches, parents and faculty members. Proper communication with complainants; Way to approach a legitimate complaint; Use of a pro-active approach.
- Assessment On and Off the Field: Examining Athletic Directors' Perceptions of Public Relations in College Athletics. Ruihley, Brody J.; Fall, Lisa T. // International Journal of Sport Communication;Dec2009, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p398
Public relations (PR) activities in college athletics are concerned with many types of people, organizations, and businesses. The success of a program depends on support from these constituents. The purpose of this research was to determine the perception of PR roles in a college athletic...