Reinventing Sex: The Construction of Realistic Definitions of Sex & Gender
- Reflections on gender studies. // Academe;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the increasing respect for gender studies in the United States, with reference to the creation of a chair in gender studies by the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Reference to Carol Gilligan's researches in gender studies; Comments from Abby Stewart, a professor of psychology...
- Magical sex: Something worth waiting for. Strote, Mary Ellen // Cosmopolitan;Sep93, Vol. 215 Issue 3, p88
Presents cases of women who delayed making love with their partners until they were absolutely sure and comfortable with their men. Pleasures of delaying sexual intercourse; Females needing time to make a decision; Logic of a biological time clock; Pleasures of delaying sex with lovers.
- Exposing the sex lie. Gardner, Tim // Marriage Partnership;Summer98, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p72
Discusses what makes a satisfied sex life. Obsession of people to a beautiful body; Implications of people's obsession to a beautiful body.
- Biology. Fisher, Helen E. // Psychology Today;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p40
Examines that the essential choreography of human courtship, love, and marriage has myriad designs that seem etched into the human psyche, the product of time, selection and evolution. Sexual strategies; Flirting; `Copulatory' gaze; Baboon love; Human mating dance; Significance of body...
- Saying `no' gracefully. Brown, Helen Gurley; Schnarch, David M. // Psychology Today;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p96
Presents tips by an ad hoc faculty on how to refuse a partner's sexual overtures without crushing him or her. How much trouble can it be--don't ever say no; A straightforward `no thanks'; Philip Neimark, high priest of the ancient African tradition of Ifa, says the spiritually evolved seldom...
- The effects of sexually explicit words on the formation of stimulus equivalence classes. Plaud, Joseph J.; Gaither, George A.; Franklin, Michael; Weller, Louise A.; Barth, Jeannie // Psychological Record;Winter98, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p63
Describes the effect of sexually explicit words on the formation of stimulus equivalence classes. Interaction between the formation of stimulus equivalence classes and stimulus meaning; Relation of stimulus meaning to behavioral and cognitive theories; Influence of sexually related...
- Sexual freedom. Bocharova, Oksana A.; Wessell, Nils H. // Russian Social Science Review;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p47
Discusses the sexual revolution in Russian, while distinguishing the communicative, normative, and behavioral levels of activity. Structures of sexual attitudes; Information on premarital sex.
- Not tonight, dear. Austin, Elizabeth // Shape;Nov95, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p50
Looks at the problem of diminished sexual desire in lots of humans. Psychological causes as the predominant reason; Feeling of `bed-dead'; Mistaking adrenaline rush when people first meet and fall in love as sexual excitement.
- Sexual aggression: A discriminant analysis of predictors in a non-forensic sample. Collings, Steven J. // South African Journal of Psychology;Mar94, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p35
Presents information on sexual aggression. What a study on 393 university males indicated; Results of a discriminant analysis; Findings in terms of implications for research and primary prevention.
- How to feel sexier (in bed and out). Wilburn, D.A. // Redbook;May89, Vol. 173 Issue 1, p106
Presents ways for women to feel attractive, desirable and sexy. The problem of stress; Choosing to feel sexy.