1997 Big Bug Club winners
- 2004 Big Buck Club Winners. // New York State Conservationist;Oct2005, Vol. 60 Issue 2, following p32
This article presents the 2004 Big Buck Club winners, the club which recognized hunters who take the largest trophy bucks in New York State.
- 2008 Big Buck Club Awards. // New York State Conservationist;Oct2009, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p33
The article announces the winners of the 2008 Big Buck Club Awards given by the New York State Big Buck Club Inc., including Stephen Hess and Donald McKay.
- The Booner Awards. Bestful, Scott // Field & Stream;Jul2011, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p17
The article announces awards given to white-tailed deer hunters during the third annual Booner Awards in 2011 which include the Head Hunter Award to Kevin Petrzilka for his 202 and 6/8-inch buck from Saunders County, Nebraska, the Wide-Load Award to Anthony Rumsey for his 217 and 3/8-inch buck...
- 2014 BIG BUCK CLUB AWARDS. // New York State Conservationist;Oct2015, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p33
The article announces winners of the 2014 Big Buck Club Awards of the New York State Big Buck Club Inc. including the largest gun deer taken by Austin Avanzato in Ontario County and the largest bow deer by Chris J. Grant in Orange County.
- Bowhunter deer forecast 1996. Wallace, Tom // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p56
Presents information on deer hunting in North America for the year 1996. Includes Northeast; Mid-Atlantic; South; Midwest; Canada.
- The hawk and the squirrel. Vargo, John // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p92
Relates the author's experience while hunting for deer. Author's witnessing of an incident involving a hawk and a squirrel.
- Deer hunting is exciting! Cochran, Merv // Bowhunter;Feb/Mar97, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p33
Reports that a study made by Doctor Barry Franklin found deer hunting is not for those with weak hearts because the activity quickens heart rates.
- Wimpy big bucks. Ingram, Bruce // Bowhunter;Apr/May97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p48
Summarizes the advice of bowhunters Jerry Peterson and Harold Knight on bowhunting shy big bucks. Description of several big buck bowhunting myths; Statement that aggressive rattling and grunting are not always the best way to entice the biggest bucks; Description of a soft buck grunt; Behavior...
- Brow boy. McGee, John `Maggie'; Wilson, John `Lefty' // Bowhunter;Apr/May97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p70
Relates a story on how a hunter explained to his younger brother-in-law his shooting of a big non-typical whitetail buck that the brother-in-law was trying to get during three deer seasons. Hunting errors of the brother-in-law; Encouragement for the brother-in-law.