Field dressing and care of your deer
- Caring for Venison. Leier, Doug // Dakota Country;Sep2012, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p44
The article presents instructions for venison preparation, with tips and advice for field-dressing game animals, preventing contaminates in the carcass, aging venison, and storing venison in freezer paper until ready for cooking.
- A season of wild game. Vassal, Anne // Mother Earth News;Oct/Nov94, Issue 146, p78
Focuses on fall season dishes featuring venison. Trend toward game eating; Preparation of venison for cooking; Recipes.
- Age Deer in a Cooler. Nickens, T. Edward // Field & Stream;Oct2006, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p50
The article offers step-by-step instructions for aging venison in coolers.
- Game enough for roast venison? Duckham, Dr Chris // GP: General Practitioner;10/21/2002, p79
Presents a recipe of roast venison. Preparations required for making the dish; Ingredients required; Tips to serve the dish.
- DENVER LEG. Patience, Caroline // Gourmet;Oct2007, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p246
The article features Denver leg, the venison from farm-raised fallow deer. Denver leg was popularized by a group of chefs in Denver, Colorado in the 1980s who wanted to make New Zealand venison easier to use. The boneless cut is sold silverskin-free and separated into pieces, perfect for roasts,...
- A rich venison supper for autumn. Duckham, Chris // GP: General Practitioner;10/20/2003, p83
The article presents a recipe for making venison. First, preheat the oven to 215Â°C. Then sautÃ© the onion in the olive oil until translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook for two minutes more. Add the lentils, stock and wine and cook for 20-25 min until the lentils are soft. Season to taste...
- Hang Time. Barsness, John // Field & Stream;Jun2003, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p23
This article focuses on deer meat venison. INSET: To Hide or Wrap.
- VENISON CLASSICS. McCafferty, Keith // Field & Stream;Nov2003, Vol. 108 Issue 7, p92T
Presents information about certain recipes which are prepared from meat. Prerequisites for the preparation of French stew venison Bourguignonne; Process of preparing grilled venison chops; Prerequisites for preparation for venison jerky.
- Skinning a Chicken. RODEN, JOHN // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p73
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's ways of skinning a chicken.
- Pass the Buck. Dooley, Susan // New Republic;11/29/80, Vol. 183 Issue 22, p10
Comments on the commercialization of deer meat in the United States. Annual export of venison by New Zealand; Differences in the hunting season of deer in the U.S.; Factors affecting the taste and flavor of venison; Limitation in the commercial use of wild deer; Restrictions on hunting and...