Field dressing and care of your deer
- A season of wild game. Vassal, Anne // Mother Earth News;Oct/Nov94, Issue 146, p78
Focuses on fall season dishes featuring venison. Trend toward game eating; Preparation of venison for cooking; Recipes.
- Age Deer in a Cooler. Nickens, T. Edward // Field & Stream;Oct2006, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p50
The article offers step-by-step instructions for aging venison in coolers.
- Game enough for roast venison? Duckham, Dr Chris // GP: General Practitioner;10/21/2002, p79
Presents a recipe of roast venison. Preparations required for making the dish; Ingredients required; Tips to serve the dish.
- DENVER LEG. Patience, Caroline // Gourmet;Oct2007, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p246
The article features Denver leg, the venison from farm-raised fallow deer. Denver leg was popularized by a group of chefs in Denver, Colorado in the 1980s who wanted to make New Zealand venison easier to use. The boneless cut is sold silverskin-free and separated into pieces, perfect for roasts,...
- A rich venison supper for autumn. Duckham, Chris // GP: General Practitioner;10/20/2003, p83
The article presents a recipe for making venison. First, preheat the oven to 215Â°C. Then sautÃ© the onion in the olive oil until translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook for two minutes more. Add the lentils, stock and wine and cook for 20-25 min until the lentils are soft. Season to taste...
- Hang Time. Barsness, John // Field & Stream;Jun2003, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p23
This article focuses on deer meat venison. INSET: To Hide or Wrap.
- VENISON CLASSICS. McCafferty, Keith // Field & Stream;Nov2003, Vol. 108 Issue 7, p92T
Presents information about certain recipes which are prepared from meat. Prerequisites for the preparation of French stew venison Bourguignonne; Process of preparing grilled venison chops; Prerequisites for preparation for venison jerky.
- Skinning a Chicken. RODEN, JOHN // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p73
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's ways of skinning a chicken.
- Pass the Buck. Dooley, Susan // New Republic;11/29/80, Vol. 183 Issue 22, p10
Comments on the commercialization of deer meat in the United States. Annual export of venison by New Zealand; Differences in the hunting season of deer in the U.S.; Factors affecting the taste and flavor of venison; Limitation in the commercial use of wild deer; Restrictions on hunting and...
- DO-IT-YOURSELF DEER PROCESSING. Phillips, John E. // Southern Sporting Journal;Dec2007, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p60
The article offers tips on processing venison, the meat of deer. It outlines the advantages of venison over chicken or turkey meat. It emphasizes the importance of carrying a deer drag, a sharp knife for field dressing, gloves and some type of wild game-keeping spray. One should wear...