After the shot...recovering your deer
- 10 ways to hit on the first shot...and what to do if you don't. Zwoll, Wayne Van // Field & Stream;Dec2000, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p70
Provides tips for hunters on how to hit on the first shot when hunting big-game animals. Need to check the point of impact from hunting positions; Importance of wearing mittens in cold weather; Drawbacks of using the controlled jerk technique.
- The 2003 National Hunting Survey. // Field & Stream;Jul2003, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p53
Presents information on the 2003 National Hunting Survey conducted in the U.S.
- If You Want to Hunt Forever.... Reiger, George // Field & Stream;Jul2003, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p60
Provides tips for easy and effective hunting.
- Tag Tales. // BC Outdoors Hunting & Shooting;Summer2009, Vol. 65, p6
This section presents photographs of trophy hunters in British Columbia and their slain wild game animals.
- BOWHUNTING NORTH AMERICA 2010-2011. // Bowhunting World;Nov2010, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p84
The article presents a guide for bowhunting in the U.S. and Canada covering seasons, regulations and the most popular species for each state, province or territory. The bow season of Alabama starts from mid October through the end of January and hunters are allowed two antlered bucks of choice....
- Deer Camp Doctor. Miller, Karl V. // Field & Stream;Nov2008, Vol. 113 Issue 7, pW5
The article offers information on the behavior of winter bucks and its significance on hunters in the U.S. Winter bucks seemed to vanish into thin air during a hunt. An expert mentioned that maybe deers are out when hunters are in camp. Other researchers have found that heavy snows will push...
- The hunter: A guide's view. Zwoll, Wayne Van // Field & Stream;Mar1998, Vol. 102 Issue 11, p67
Presents a hunting guide's account on his experiences in big game hunting. Thoughts on novice hunters; Value placed by hunters on the hunting experience; Moral fitness of hunters to kill; Competency of hunting guides.
- DESTROYERS AND PRESERVERS. Ritvo, Harriet // History Today;Jan2002, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p33
Looks at the role of big-game hunting in spreading awareness of the need for conservation. Profile on two British hunters; Rewards of hunting; Shift in the attitude toward hunting in the late nineteenth century; Regulations imposed on human exploitation of big game animals; Issues raised by the...
- The Buck Stops Here. Reilly, Rick // Sports Illustrated;10/25/99, Vol. 91 Issue 16, p146
Offers an anecdotal interview with the general manager and coach of deer upon the beginning of the 1999 hunting season. Lack of fairness and competition with the use of technologically advanced weapons; Suggestion for the use of spears and knives.