50 years of New York's pioneer program
- The shootist. Fergus, Jim // Outdoor Life;Apr96, Vol. 197 Issue 4, p24
Focuses on the author's resolve to practice shooting to reward his gundog's good-natured service in the field. Reasons for a dicey shooting; Choices of guns.
- Meet the Generation Wild Pro Staff. // Field & Stream;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p12
The article lists the four Generation Wild Pro Staff in the U.S. including Josh Copeland, Jessie Ann Gash, Tyler Stefanelli and Wesley Williams.
- Texas Hunter Safety Course Aug. 13-14. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/14/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 28, p10A
The article offers information concerning the Burnet County 4-H hunter safety course to be held at the Burnet County office of Texas AgriLIFE Extension Service on August 13, 2010.
- Pre-Shot Primer. STAFF, BAH // Bow & Arrow Hunting;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p98
The article offers step-by-step instructions for the three steps to be performed prior to releasing a lung shot from a hunting bow.
- Whitetail Quiz: What Would You Do? Hill, Steven // Field & Stream;Aug2010, Vol. 115 Issue 4, pW4
A quiz concerning what professional deer hunters would do in an out of range situation is presented.
- Hunter education course planned in Breckenridge. // Graham Leader;3/7/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 59, p2A
The article offers information that a course in hunter education would be organized in March 16-17, 2012 in Breckenridge and states that those aged 9-16 must complete a hunter education course or must be accompanied by an adult.
- The pattern for staying alive. Newman, Bob // Field & Stream;Dec96, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p24
Explains strategies for survival for hunters based on military method of survival called The Pattern for Staying Alive (PFSA). Assessment of physical and environmental conditions when lost in the woods; What to do when fishing boat capsizes a mile from shore. INSET: An ounce of prevention, by...
- SHOOT OUT AT GUNSITE. Petzal, David E. // Field & Stream;Jul2002, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p102
Features the Gunsite, a rifle shooting school in Arizona. Historical background of the school; Courses of instructions; Backgrounds of instructors. INSET: IF YOU GO..
- GET INTO ELK SHAPE: PHASE ONE. Shea, Michael R. // Field & Stream;Jun2014, Vol. 119 Issue 2, p34
The article offers phase one training tips in preparation for elk hunting which focuses on the cardio, daily shooting drills, and strength.