Not far from the madding crowd
- Big Island Magic. Yeadon, David // National Geographic Traveler;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p64
Opinion. Presents information on Big Island in Hawaii, focusing on the Island's landscape. Identification of some of the plants found in Hawaii; Information on the active volcanoes found in Hawaii; Perceptions of various persons on life in Hawaii.
- Beyond the Familiar. Ellerbe, Jenny // Arkansas Review: A Journal of Delta Studies;Aug2002, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p110
Relates the experience of the author in travelling to her home at Bayou Desiard. Description of the scenery in Bayou Desiard; Factors affecting the accessibility of roads in travelling; Accounts on the archeological digs at Poverty Point.
- Materia Non Medica. Davis, H. Colin // British Medical Journal;10/30/1976, Vol. 2 Issue 6043, p1066
Focuses on the attractions of the countries south-west of England. Physical description of the Norfolk Churches; Touring opportunities; Historical background of the place.
- SOUTH AMERICA'S CROWN JEWEL. // World & I;Apr2004, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p116
Presents an article on a trip to the varied landscapes in Argentina. Features of the IguazÃº Falls and IguazÃº National Park; Description of the San Ignacio Mini Jesuit mission in Posadas; Features of Tierra del Fuego; Qualities of the village of El Calafate.
- Grand designs way out west. Dailey, Donna // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;12/8/2003, Issue 1697, p44
This article presents information on author's visit to Grand Canyon as of December 8, 2003. Grand Canyon's spectacular scenery is a must-see for any visitor to the U.S. Driving northwest from Flagstaff, Arizona, the flat, open landscape of tall grass and shrubs stretched so far into the distance...
- Bowie Again. Minor, Audax // New Yorker;3/17/1956, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p159
The article features the experience of the author in his travel to Bowie, Maryland in 1956. The author mentions some changes occurred in Bowie. The landscape of the town is cited. He also features some activities he initiated in the town.
- Surprise Gifts. McLane, Daisann // National Geographic Traveler;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p40
The article discusses the experiences of the author on travel opportunities of stopovers. In this article, the author narrates her experiences during her visit to Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Some of her observations on Plovdiv are mentioned including the people, atmosphere, history, scenery and the...
- 7 days in Istria, Croatia. Bamber, Emily // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;7/7/2006, Issue 1828, p50
The article presents the author's personal accounts of her seven-day stay in Istria which falls both in Croatia and Slovenia. She gives day-wise details about what she saw, enjoyed and encountered during the travel. First, she gives a brief history of Istria. The Istrian Peninsula, which is in...
- The Importance of SETTING. WELCH, DAVID // Overland Journal;Winter2009, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p110
The author discusses the importance of preserving the natural landscape of historic trails. According to the author, the setting or landscape plays an important role on the location of a historical event. The author points that when visiting the trails, descendants of trail travelers are...