On the Prowl for Ever Higher Yield
- Ashmore Launches Fund For A New EM Asset Class. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/22/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p7
The article reports that emerging markets (EM) specialist Ashmore has launched a new fund dedicated to what Head of Research Jerome Booth believes is both a natural subdivision of the emerging debt asset class, and an extension of the firm's existing activities, the EM corporate high yield. The...
- MACEDONIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Apr2012, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the political and economic issues in Macedonia in 2012 including the summit meeting of Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski and Prime Minister Lucas Papademos of Greece, rising of government debt and the increase of foreign direct investment (FDI).
- THE DIASPORA IS MACEDONIA'S MOST IMPORTANT SOURCE OF FINANCE. // Opinion Piece in Macedonian Press;11/13/2014, p1
The article presents views of editor Sasho Klekovski from newspaper "Nova Makedonija," on the impact of decreased foreign investments and public debt on the economic development of the country.
- Sovereign debt rating attracts investment to Angola and Mozambique. // African Business News;4/ 8/2013, p28
The article reports that Angola and Mozambique are two of the southern African countries that have received more foreign direct investments after receiving improved public debt ratings.
- Editor's Introduction. Kutan, Ali M. // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various papers published within the issue, including one by Donald Lien and Mei Zhang on the survey of derivative markets in emerging economies and another by Jin-Shuei Luo and Chun-An Li on the link between market sentiment and stock market returns in an emerging market.
- BRIC Invite: Sign Of China's Africa Ambition. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Mar2011, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p3
The article offers views on why South Africa has been invited to join the Brazil, Russia, India, and China (BRIC) group, a group of leading emerging markets. It mentions that the country has been invited by China to join the group even it lacks the competitive advantage compared with other fast...
- DETERMINANTS OF FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT IN BRAZIL, RUSSIA, INDIA, AND CHINA. Malhotra, D. K.; Russow, Lloyd; Singh, Rahul // International Journal of Business, Accounting, & Finance;Spring2014, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p130
This study sets out to evaluate the determinants of foreign direct investment (FDI) in Brazil, Russia, India, and China over 1995 to 2012 time period. In this study, foreign direct investment was modeled as a function of economic and non-economic/institutional variables. It was found that both...
- Power Struggles In Latin America. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/26/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p9
Provides information on investment problems on power companies in Latin American emerging markets as of May 26, 2003. Incident which may derail the privatization program of President Alejandro Toledo in Peru; Failure of the Brazilian power distributor Eletropaulo to repay its debts; Possible...
- Foreign investments and the role they play in a portfolio. Fay, W. David // Inside Tucson Business;9/9/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p22
The article presents the author's insights on the importance of foreign investments in diversifying domestic equity portfolio as well as the differences between emerging and developed markets.