On the Prowl for Ever Higher Yield
- Emerging market debt is back on the table. Thind, Sarfraz // Ai Trade News;1/17/2017, p1
The article discusses the revival of foreign investor interest towards emerging market debt (EMD), as the non-resident flows in the EMD market reached to 27 billion dollars in 2016, based on figures by the Institute of International Finance.
- Ashmore Launches Fund For A New EM Asset Class. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/22/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p7
The article reports that emerging markets (EM) specialist Ashmore has launched a new fund dedicated to what Head of Research Jerome Booth believes is both a natural subdivision of the emerging debt asset class, and an extension of the firm's existing activities, the EM corporate high yield. The...
- MACEDONIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Apr2012, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the political and economic issues in Macedonia in 2012 including the summit meeting of Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski and Prime Minister Lucas Papademos of Greece, rising of government debt and the increase of foreign direct investment (FDI).
- THE DIASPORA IS MACEDONIA'S MOST IMPORTANT SOURCE OF FINANCE. // Opinion Piece in Macedonian Press;11/13/2014, p1
The article presents views of editor Sasho Klekovski from newspaper "Nova Makedonija," on the impact of decreased foreign investments and public debt on the economic development of the country.
- Sovereign debt rating attracts investment to Angola and Mozambique. // African Business News;4/ 8/2013, p28
The article reports that Angola and Mozambique are two of the southern African countries that have received more foreign direct investments after receiving improved public debt ratings.
- Power Struggles In Latin America. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/26/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p9
Provides information on investment problems on power companies in Latin American emerging markets as of May 26, 2003. Incident which may derail the privatization program of President Alejandro Toledo in Peru; Failure of the Brazilian power distributor Eletropaulo to repay its debts; Possible...
- Foreign investments and the role they play in a portfolio. Fay, W. David // Inside Tucson Business;9/9/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p22
The article presents the author's insights on the importance of foreign investments in diversifying domestic equity portfolio as well as the differences between emerging and developed markets.
- Stay east, Young man. Marr, Julian // Money Marketing;2/3/2011, p45
In this article, the author offers insights on his investments at the emerging markets.
- Foreign Investment Climate. // Mali Country Review;2010, p58
The article discusses the foreign investment climate in Mali including its openness to foreign investment, its dispute settlement and its transparency of regulatory system.