Will Comcast Have Echoes?
- Rebuffed advance. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/24/2004, Vol. 382 Issue 36, p15
With Comcast Corp.'s bid for the Walt Disney Co. recently rejected, Wall Street has been discussing whether the takeover proposal will and should make investors wary of cable stocks in general. After all, some argue, investors could see Comcast's Disney play as evidence that even cable companies...
- EchoStar, Cablevision: Future Acquisition Targets? S.H. // High Yield Report;2/16/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
No abstract available.
- Comcast give Disney a digital dig. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;3/9/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 52, p1
Reports that Comcast CEO Brian Roberts has delivered a subtle message to Disney shareholders that technology is going to transform their business. Speech at the 17th annual Bear Stearns media conference in Palm Beach, Florida; Reiteration of his Disney campaign speech despite having been twice...
- So, Why Not a Broadcaster? Schaeffler, Jimmy // Multichannel News;3/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p81
Offers observation on the proposed acquisition of Walt Disney Co. by Comcast Corp. Categories of players in the broadcasting field; Examples of sector heads who have expanded beyond their traditional businesses; Question raised by Comcast Corporation's foray into the broadcast realm.
- Mouse rejects Comcast's bid. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;2/17/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on Burbank, California-based Walt Disney Co.'s formal rejection of Comcast's takeover bid. View of company directors that the bid was too low; Goal of the board to create shareholder value for the company; Disney's rejection of calls for a change in management at the company.
- DISNEY'S IN DEMAND. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;11/22/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 38, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Walt Disney's 40 percent chunk of E! and Style Network by cable operator Comcast for $1.23 billion in the U.S. Under the agreement, for Disney cable fare and ABC primetime TV shows will join Comcast's ever-expanding video-on-demand lineup. The company...
- Disney parks to be sold? // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/16/2004, Issue 2601, p2
Reports on the impact of U.S. cable company Comcast's multibillion dollar bid for entertainment company Walt Disney on the travel industry. Controversy surrounding the possible sale of the theme park; Walt Disney's financial figures recent as of December 2003.
- Content will be king. Ferguson, Adele // BRW;2/19/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p25
Focuses on the views of Ziggy Switkowski, chief executive officer of telecommunication firm Telstra, about convergence or the marriage between content and distribution. Implications of Comcast's takeover offer for Walt Disney Co.; Blueprint for other telecommunications companies to protect...
- Disney Opportunity Could be Distraction. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p77
Reports on the repercussions in the technology space of the possible acquisition of the Walt Disney Co. by Comcast Corp. as of February 2004. Comments from Gary Arlen, an analyst, on the VoIP service of Comcast; Manufactures of Comcast; Number of phone subscribers lost by Comcast in 2003.