IPOs IN THE U.S
- Atheros amends IPO, launches 802.11g chip. // RCR Wireless News;2/2/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the revision of the initial public offering filed by Atheros Communications Inc. with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Number of shares that Atheros will issue; Price of the shares; Information on the 802.11g chip introduced by Atheros.
- THE IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/23/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p43
Lists 100 initial public offerings (IPO) prior to February 23, 2004. Atheros Communications; Centennial Specialty Foods; Axis Capital Holdings; Percent change of stock price since the IPO.
- Energy technology: the Street's latest convergence play. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/21/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 34, p8
Reports on increased investor interest in energy technology companies in the United States. Energy technology initial public offerings in 2000; Deregulation of the power industry; Factors driving the growth of the energy technology business.
- SHELL SHOCKED. Keegan, Jeffrey; Tunick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/8/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 27, p22
Reports the decline of equity investment and fixed-income market in the U.S. Decrease of underwriting for the initial public offering; Reluctance of the capitalists to invest in borderline credit; Decline of consumer confidence.
- Get 'em while they're lukewarm. Newberry, Jon // ABA Journal;Apr97, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p101
Looks at initial public offerings from microbreweries as a potential money-maker for investors. Oldenberg Brewing Co. as a case in point; Difficulty in finding good prospects.
- AFTERMARKET Performance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/13/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 39, p50
Provides the performance of the investment market in the U.S., as of October 2003. Initial public offering performance; Performance of stock offerings.
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;4/13/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 71, p2
This section offers news briefs related to financing in the biotechnology industry, including the investment of Conatos Pharmaceuticals Inc. in MPM Capital, the overallotment option of underwriters in the public offering of Inhibitex and the share placement of Living Cell Technologies Ltd.
- Opportunities exist for buying good companies. Corbin, David // Fort Worth Business Press;10/13/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p23
Offers advice on investing in public companies. Decision by European brewing company Interbrew NV to go public after 634 years as a private company; Disadvantages of becoming a public company; Performance of the stocks of Cyberonics and Taco Cabana.
- Going public to the public. Hannon, Kerry // U.S. News & World Report;6/17/96, Vol. 120 Issue 24, p74
Discusses the growing popularity of direct public offerings (DPU) with small businesses searching for a cash infusion. Number of companies that completed DPUs in 1995; The process; Various companies that have used DPUs.