Rating Agencies Splitting Hairs
- Senior SIVs Next in Firing Line. // Asset Securitization Report;11/26/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p18
The article reports on the increase in downgrades for structured investment vehicles (SIVs) in the U.S. It states that Moody's Investor Service Inc. announced that 16 SIVs, holding about $30.3 billion of debt securities, have been placed on review and face possible downgrade. It adds that one...
- SECURITIZATION. // National Mortgage News;5/17/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p15
Reports on developments related to securitization in the mortgage industry in the U.S. as of May 17, 2004. Decision of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to lower and withdraw the ratings of real estate investment trust Sun Communities Inc. and its operating partnership, Sun Communities Operating...
- Rating agencies' credit signals: An analysis of sovereign watch and outlook. Alsakka, Rasha; ap Gwilym, Owain // International Review of Financial Analysis;Jan2012, Vol. 21, p45
Abstract: We analyse sovereign watch and outlook signals from Moody''s, S&P and Fitch. Prior literature shows strong market reactions to these signals, which arguably contain more new information than rating changes. We show that the agencies'' actions imply different policies: S&P has more...
- New Rules of the Road. Engelen, Klaus C. // International Economy;Winter2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p62
The article provides information about a proposed rule for various credit rating agencies under the European Union. According to Internal Market Commissioner Charlie McCreevy, the proposal is designed to increase liquidity and capital reserves for financial institutions, ban the detrimental...
- RATINGS WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;8/22/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p30
Presents a chart depicting the ratings assigned to the various securities deals secured by several financial services companies in the U.S.
- Roundup: Downgrades Affect Deals. // National Mortgage News;6/26/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p24
The article summarizes downgrades, by rating agencies, of several asset-backed securities. Those downgraded include: two classes from Lehman Brothers' floating-rate commercial mortgage trust, a collateralized debt obligation consisting mainly of residential mortgage-backed securities, two...
- Auto Loan-Backed Securities Falter. // American Banker;2/23/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 35, p11
The article reports that the financial rating agency Fitch Inc. said that net losses on asset-backed securities based on automobile purchase loans increased sharply in January, 2008. The losses were generated by rising unemployment, leading to increased defaults on such loans by consumers.
- PPL DEAL LOG. // Private Placement Letter;8/22/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p4
This section presents the recently circled private placements.
- Traditional Private Placement Volume ($ Millions). // Private Placement Letter;8/22/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p11
This section presents the traditional private placement volume.