Bankers Get Feverish Over Comcast/Disney
- Comcast bids for Disney. // BRW;2/19/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p11
Focuses on the hostile bid made by U.S. pay-television company Comcast to buy the Walt Disney Co.
- DISNEY IN PLAYLAND. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/16/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the takeover bid of Comcast Corp. for Walt Disney Co. Options of Disney in combating the bid; Comments from Steve Burke, cable division president of Comcast; Bid price of Comcast; Implication of the merger deal for the media industry; Potential rival bidders for the Disney takeover;...
- Disney's Quiet Suitor. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/16/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 7, p5
Interviews Brian Roberts, chief executive of Comcast Corp. about its takeover bid for Walt Disney Co. Opportunities presented by the takeover for both companies; Outlook of Roberts on a potential auction process in their bid; Reasons behind the appeal of the Disney business.
- DESIRING DISNEY. Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the unsolicited bid of Comcast Corp. for Walt Disney Co. Value of the bid; Search of Comcast for content assets; Effects of the offer on the stock of Comcast; Comparison between the financial performance of Walt Disney and Comcast.
- Coming Up Next on CNBC. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p56
Comments on the unsolicited bid of Comcast Corp. to acquire Walt Disney Co. Challenges faced by Disney chairman Michael Eisner; Remarks of Eisner on the rift with Pixar Corp.; Efforts of Eisner to convince investors that the company is in good shape under his leadership.
- Comcast-Disney: Net Factory. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p57
Focuses on the plan of Comcast Corp. should its bid for Walt Disney Co. succeed. Cable networks owned by Comcast; Benefits of the acquisition of Disney.
- COMCAST COOLS. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;4/29/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the decision of Comcast Corp. to formally withdrew its all-stock bid to buy Walt Disney Co. in the U.S. Citation of the utter lack of interest in the part of Disney management; Intention of focusing attention on core cable business; Plan of buying back own stocks.
- 'We'll bring back magic of Disney'. Williamson, Emily // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;2/16/2004, Issue 1705, p84
Comcast Corp. intends to revitalise theme parks of Walt Disney Co., as of February 16, 2004. Comcast has launched a $66 billion hostile takeover bid for Walt Disney Co. If successful, it would give Disney shareholders a 42% stake in the new combined company. Comcast president Steve Burke said...
- Mousecapades. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/8/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 10, p12
Deals with the plans of Comcast Corp. to pursue its takeover bid for Walt Disney Co. amid growing shareholders' anger over the management of Michael Eisner, Disney CEO. Stance taken by Disney shareholders against Eisner's re-election to the company's board; Worth of Comcast Corporation's...