TD Waterhouse Gets Pushy
- Mutual funds making new investment in brand-building ads. Fitzgerald, Kate // Advertising Age;1/27/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p3
Discusses television advertising for mutual funds. The example of Janus Funds' commercials airing during Super Bowl XXXI; What is behind the move toward television advertising; Comments from Donny Deutsch, chief executive officer (CEO) of Deutsch, New York; The impact of the declining...
- Mutual Fund Advertising Gone to the Dogs... // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p18
This article focuses on the increasing popularity of television advertising of mutual funds, as of June 1998. Television advertising by mutual funds is up 47 percent since 1995, and they are advertising on expensive outlets such as the Super Bowl and the Oscars. But what is more interesting is...
- Toolbank launches biggest TV campaign yet to support Christmas promotion. // DIY Week;7/27/2012, p2
The article reports on the increased investment in television (TV) campaign by Toolbank that would support its Christmas Real Deals promotion in July 2012.
- Making sense of Chinese TV. FitzGerald, Rob // Campaign (UK);4/20/2001, Issue 16, ASIA p17
Focuses on the status of television advertising in China. Implications of the entry of the country into the World Trade Organization; Improvements in media planning; Information on obstacles faced by foreign investors in dealing with the media market.
- Further Reading. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;May2008, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p266
A list of reports and news briefs that explores investments, television advertising, and technology industry developments is presented.
- Party Like It's 1999. Lippert, Barbara // Adweek Eastern Edition;3/11/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p22
Focuses on the television commercial of E*Trade. Details on the opening spot of the commercial; Message of the commercial; Depiction of the importance of online trading services.
- TV the medium for funds' message. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;6/15/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p22
Reports that according to a study by the Financial Research Corporation, network television (TV) has the highest share of its advertising from fund companies, along with news briefs pertaining to mutual funds in the United States. Networks that received more than 50% of fund companies' total TV...
- TD Waterhouse Group prepares a broader base for bad weather. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;11/06/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p18
Focuses on the preparations of TD Waterhouse Group Inc. to manage its mutual funds division. Launching of new funds to boost income stream; Techniques for diversifying revenue sources.
- AIM mutual funds unveil first major ad campaign. Arndorfer, James B.; Petrecca, Laura // Advertising Age;6/2/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 22, p2
This article focuses on the first major advertising campaign of AIM Management Group, a mutual fund company in the U.S. The $10 million to $15 million effort, from Deutsch, New York, includes network television spots that appeared over the weekend and print advertisements in major newspapers and...