Vodafone launches comedy show gaming zone
- Marketing's ugly duckling. // Marketing (00253650);10/11/2006, p49
The article presents information on the use of mobile messaging including SMS and MMS as a marketing tool in Great Britain. According to Jeremy Wright, co-founder of the company Enpocket, mobile messaging is not creatively rich and media agencies don't see it as a viable medium. More than 100...
- Vodafone composes cheap text message. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);3/11/2004, p10
The mobile phone operator Vodafone Group PLC has been taking the battle for pre-pay customers to its rivals with its first activity for the payment method in more than three years. The mobile operator, which already has eight million pre-pay customers, broke a heavyweight Â£ 1m outdoor...
- New route to content via video shortcodes. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;5/12/2005, p9
This article reports that mobile operators have begun to use video shortcodes in 2005 to provide an alternative route for consumers to access content on their portals. Video shortcodes - which enable users to have content streamed to their 3G phone by making a five-digit video call - are widely...
- Marketing Tricks Morph Into Carrier Tool. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;12/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p24
Focuses on the use of mobile marketing techniques by wireless operator and brands in the U.S. in engaging customers to use new services. Campaigns that helped increase text-messaging usage; Promotion by mobile marketing firm Enpocket of the wireless application protocol service of mobile...
- Verizon to Offer Obopay Software. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;6/21/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 119, p18
The article reports that in June 2007, Verizon Wireless has agreed to let its customers download person-to-person payments software from Obopay Inc. to their phones. Verizon Wireless, a joint venture of Verizon Communications Inc. and Vodafone Group PLC, said that the service would be available...
- Vodafone and Telefonica in SMS deal. Hedges, Laura // Capacity Magazine;11/16/2015, p1
In what is claimed to be an industry first, Vodafone and Telefonica Business Solutions have directly connected their respective wholesale SMS messaging hubs.
- Gaming No. 1 download. // RCR Wireless News;4/11/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p4
Provides information on the result of a survey conducted by M:Metrics concerning the use of mobile data services by consumers in the U.S. Growth of gaming category in February 2005; Number of wireless subscribers who used test messaging service.
- Users Panic Over Mobile Phone Wars. // Software World;Sep2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p25
This article states that a marketing campaign to promote the "Resident Evil: Outbreak" video game has backfired, as mobile phone users believe they have been infected by a virus. Sophos has received enquiries from users who have received unsolicited text messages on their cellular phones telling...
- Dialed In. Newbery, Charles // Latin Trade (English);Jul2005, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p79
Provides information on trends in the telecommunications industry in Argentina. Development of video games for cellular telephones; Information on television programs that are played on phones; Increase in revenue generated from short messaging in the country in 2004 according to Pyramid Research.