Fla. Escapes K-12 Funding, Adoption Issues of Calif. & Texas
- Textbook Imports and Exports Decrease In Year's First Nine Months. // Educational Marketer;12/3/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p5
Reports on the decline in the value of exports and imports of textbooks in the first nine months of 2001.
- The Book World as a High Roller or a Carny Sword-Swallower. Abel, Richard // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p77
Offers observation on the economic or financial place of the book industry in the United States or Canada or the entire world. Cultural responsibilities and tasks in which authentic bookmen/women are routinely engaged to the end of augmenting, maintaining or repairing their cultures; Function...
- Sell textbooks to make big dough. Younts, Clint // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);1/23/2008, Vol. 104 Issue 42, p5A
The author comments on the cost of college textbooks and the business of selling old textbooks.
- Educator's changing needs challenge textbook publishers. Barton, David; Kelly, Jr., Edward N. // Marketing News;7/23/1982, Vol. 16 Issue 2, Special section p4
This article focuses on various challenges in the publishing of college textbooks in the U.S. Marketing educators have a strong interest in the publishing of college textbooks, either in the role of author or adopter. Promotional challenges have to be overcome in the marketing of college...
- Asian Textbook Sales Offset European Slump; Exports Rise. // Educational Marketer;12/04/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the increase in sales of the United States textbooks to foreign countries.
- College Returns Down on Year, Net Sales Grow. // Educational Marketer;4/8/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the growth in the net unit sales of college textbooks in the U.S. in February 2002.
- Book Exports Dropped 1.8% in 2002 to $1.68B. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/24/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 12, p11
Reports on the decline in book exports in the U.S. in 2002. Dollar value of book exports; Reason behind the decline; Information on the textbook exports.
- K-12, College Textbooks & Tests Increase 3.6% to $8.27B In 2003. // Educational Marketer;4/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the increase of sales of K-12, college textbooks and standardized tests in the U.S. Figures released by the Association of American Publishers on the overall net sales for the industry; Representation of K-12 as the second largest category in the book industry; Position of trade...
- MBS Expands Universal Digital Textbook Program for Fall 2006. // Educational Marketer;6/12/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p3
The article reports on the move of MBS Textbook Exchange Inc., a wholesale textbook distributor, to expand its Universal Digital Textbook Program for fall 2006 in Columbia, Missouri. The program has been the company's strategy to market electronic textbooks at discounted prices through college...