Millbrook Press Files for Bankruptcy Protection
- Drop in Library Sales Hurts Milbrook Press. // Publishers Weekly;1/7/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on the financial results posted by Millbrook Press in the U.S. as of January 7, 2002. Net income for the first quarter ended October 31, 2001; Revenue gain; Decline in general and administrative costs.
- Millbrook Looks for Improvement. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/30/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 26, p11
Reports on the decline in sales and increase in net loss of Millbrook Press in the fiscal third quarter that ended April 30, 2003. Other financial results of the company; Remarks from Dave Allen, company president.
- Investments Weaken Earnings at Millbrook. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 46, p11
Reports on the decline in earnings of Millbrook Press in 2001 caused by the marginal increase in its revenues. Investment expenses in launching the fiction imprint, Roaring Brook Press; Increase in the company's expenses in telemarketing, direct-marketing and direct-selling materials; Plan of...
- Bankruptcies. // Northern New Jersey Business;9/6/95, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p43
Lists companies in northern New Jersey that have filed for bankruptcy as of September 6, 1995. Financial information on companies.
- Shaky Borrowers Threaten Credit Quality. // American Banker;1/30/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 20, p3
Focuses on several companies that could threaten credit quality at banking companies in the United States. Bankruptcy filing by Vlasic Foods International Inc.; Plans by Xerox Corp. to cut jobs; The likelihood that Polaroid Corp. will violate its bank agreements unless it sells assets.
- Going for broke. Hayward, Cathy // Financial Management;Apr2001, p22
Analyzes the reasons for business failures in Great Britain. Reasons for the problems of Railtrack, Dome and Marks and Spencer; How firms could implement financial management practices; Argument on the relation between the lack of business planning, up-front investments by venture capitalists...
- Cash me out. Jossi, Frank // Fedgazette;Sep2003, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p13
Determines the factors that triggered the series of bankruptcies in the Ninth industrial district of the U.S. in 2003. Causes of bankruptcy; Comparison of bankruptcy filings in 1980 and 2002; Methods to decrease bankruptcy data and bankruptcy filing options.
- Turnaround firms socked by recovery. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;8/9/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p3
As recently as the spring of last year, the 40-strong loan workout team at J.P. Morgan Chase labored 80 hours a week performing financial triage on corporate borrowers hovering at the brink of bankruptcy. But for the roughly 1,000 New York-area bankruptcy attorneys, consultants and investment...
- Back From Bankruptcy. Morris, Valerie Coleman // Essence (Time Inc.);Oct2003, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p124
Offers pieces of advice on bankruptcy filing in the U.S. Management of finances and expenses; Application for repayments of monthly bills; Management strategy for unclaimed bank accounts.