HarperBusiness Not Concerned About Jack Welch Backlash
- HarperCollins To Publish Jack Welch Business Book. // Book Publishing Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p6
Reports that New York-based HarperCollins Publishers has acquired the global rights to publish "Winning," a business how-to book by former General Electric CEO Jack Welch. Amount paid by the publisher for the book rights.
- Differentiation: From Playgrounds to Yankee Stadium. // Bank Accounting & Finance (08943958);Oct/Nov2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p44
An excerpt from the book "Winning," by Jack Welch is presented.
- Labor of Love. Darley, Paul // Fire Chief;Aug2005, Vol. 49 Issue 8, Special Section p2
Presents information about a presentation by Jack Welch, former CEO of General Electric Co., where he addressed a small group of executives in Chicago, Illinois. Information about "Winning," Welch's new book; Dichotomy that leaders face in trying to be a hard-working example setter; View of...
- Bewitched. Gregoire, Lisa // Quill & Quire;Mar2007, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p23
The article presents information on author Jacqueline Baker and her new book "The Horseman's Graves." The novel comprises of short stories from Saskatchewan towns, which are familiar to Baker as she grew up there. The book will be published in April 2007 by HarperCollins Canada Ltd. Baker does...
- What authors need to know. MacDonald, Scott // Quill & Quire;Mar2007, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p18
The article highlights the findings of a survey conducted by The Writers' Union of Canada, Canada. The survey focused on authors' relationships with their publishers. It was found that authors are deeply unsatisfied with the marketing efforts publishers put into their books. Of the 18 publishers...
- HarperCollins Private Reserve Houses E-Books. // T H E Journal;Apr2002, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p26
Reports the creation of HarperCollins Private Reserve, a digital warehouse for HarperCollins company electronic books worldwide. Opening of the book publisher in the U.S. and Canada; Distribution of electronic book titles and marketing information; Supply of electronic book catalog information.
- HarperCollins Launches E-Book Imprint PerfectBound. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/26/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 9, p10
Announces the launching of an electronic book imprint by HarperCollins in February 2001. Book titles released; Details on the electronic book publishing schedule adopted by the firm; Business agreements signed by the company.
- HarperCollins's HDI to Focus on U.S. Market. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;9/30/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 39, p12
Focuses on HarperCollins' illustrated book program called Harper Design International (HDI). Number of books to be published by HDI every year; Executives of HDI.
- Jack Welch's "Road Map" to Winning. Ginzl, David J. // Commercial Lending Review;Sep2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p41
The article reviews the book "Winning," by Jack Welch. INSET: Differentiation: From Playgrounds to Yankee Stadium..