Penguin Signs 'Miss Spider' Deal With Callaway
- Miss Spider man. Carlin, Peter Ames; Arias, Ron // People;12/01/97, Vol. 48 Issue 22, p189
Presents a brief profile of David Kirk, creator of the Miss Spider series of successful children's books. Who has read the books; Possible deals involving Miss Spider; Childhood of Kirk; Career as an artist; Description of the character; Comments from Kirk.
- Where Happiness Grows. // Humpty Dumpty Magazine;May/Jun2005, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p21
Provides information on several products based on the series of books "Miss Spider," by David Kirks, including a raincoat for children.
- Six Macmillan Library kids imprints closed. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/31/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 22, p24
Reports on the April 1999 shutdown of six children's imprints of the Macmillan Library Reference division being sold by Pearson. Reason for the shutdown; Plans for the transfer of rights to selected titles to Pearson Education's elementary group; Contact information for returning titles.
- About Miss Spider. // CD Computing News;Dec99, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p8
Provides information on David Kirk's Miss Spider and the `Miss Spider's Tea Party' CD-ROM.
- Pearson book publishing sales hit $1.8 billion in 1997. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/30/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 13, p17
Focuses on Pearson's acquisition spree in 1996 and the increase in book publishing sales in 1997 that it experienced as a result. Pearson's March 1996 purchase of the HarperCollins Educational group; Pearson's December 1996 acquisition of Putnam; How the sales and profit increase for Pearson...
- Pearson Edn. results boosted by S&S purchase. J.M. // Publishers Weekly;3/15/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the sales performance of the Education Group of publishing firm Pearson in 1998. Rate of sales increase; Total sales; Profits from Simon & Schuster which it acquired in 1998; Market performance in countries other than the United States.
- Pearson plc. // B to B;11/11/2002, Vol. 87 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on London, England-based publishers Pearson PLC. Assumption of the company regarding the advertisement market for the daily 'Financial Times'; Programs being developed by the company; Revenue of the company in 2001.
- Children's Galleys to Grab. JURIS, CAROLYN // Publishers Weekly;4/30/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 18, p33
The article presents a list of the galley copies of children's books and young adult literature that will be available from publishers at the BookExpo America (BEA) event in June 2012. Highlighted galleys include the thriller "Beautiful Lies," by Jessica Warman, the final book of the "Artemis...
- Earning My Writing for Children M. F. A. at Simmons. GILMORE, NATASHA // Publishers Weekly;11/17/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 46, p20
The author discusses her study in Simmons College's Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) program in Writing for Children. She talks about how the program improved her writing style and how the experience she gained through the program allows her to engage with the children's publishing industry along...