Oprah-Recommended Books Have Ripple Effect on University Presses
- Oprah Makes First Book Club Selection of 2004. // Book Publishing Report;1/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p3
Reports on talk show host Oprah Winfrey's choice of Gabriel JosÃ© GarcÃa MÃ¡rquez's book "One Hundred Years of Solitude" as her first Book Club selection for the year 2004. HarperCollins imprint Perennial's publication of the Oprah-approved paperback version in January 2004; Number of...
- GARCIA MARQUEZ'S CRONICA DE UNA MUERTE ANUNCIADA AS METAFICTION. Olivares, Jorge // Contemporary Literature;Winter87, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p483
Reviews the book 'Chronicle of a Death Foretold,' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and translated by Gregory Rabassa.
- BOOKS. Updike, John // New Yorker;5/20/85, Vol. 61 Issue 13, p118
Reviews the book. "Collected Stories," by Gabriel GarcÃa M´,rquez; "
- The Book That Changed My Life. Burns, Ken // Best Life;Oct2007, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p62
The author discusses the impact of the book "One Hundred Years of Solitude," by Gabriel Garcia MÃ¡rquez, on his life. He remembered sitting in his room in a house he shared with 10 other people, reading at all hours of the day and night and not wanting it to end, but weeping openly and...
- Of Nostalgia, Wit and Insight. Edwards, Brian // Mattoid;2007, Vol. 55, p220
The article presents a review of the book "Living to Tell the Tale," by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, translated by Edith Grossman.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude. Tamarin, Nicholas // Interior Design;Jun2013, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p208
No abstract available.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude: Two Additional Translation Corrections. Halka, Chester S. // Journal of Modern Literature;Fall2000, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p173
Presents additional corrections to the translation of the book 'One Hundred Years of Solitude,' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Mistranslated phrases; Literary style compromised by the book's translation; Theoretical significance.
- GARCÃA MÃRQUEZ'S JOURNALISM AND THE GESTATION OF EL OTOÃ‘O DEL PATRIARCA. Carvalho, Susan // Romanic Review;May2010, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p547
The article explores the process of gestation of Gabriel GarcÃa MÃ¡rquez's novel "El otoÃ±o del patriarca." It observes how MÃ¡rquez spent 17 years accumulating and processing the content and technique of the novel "Cien aÃ±os de soledad," and an overlapping 17 years projecting...
- I'm Not Here to Give a Speech. Basciano, Oliver // Art Review;Mar2015, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p155
No abstract available.