Orange County, Calif., gets a reprieve on tran repayments
- Surety bond market reels. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;2/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p1
Reports the condition of security bond market in the U.S. Impact of the bankruptcy of Enron Corp. and Kmart Corp. to several brokerage; Problems of managers in credit accumulated in the form of surity bonds; Significance of security bonds to insurance companies.
- Bankrupt bonds rise in 1999. C.B. // High Yield Report;01/17/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p12
Highlights results of Moody's Investors Service's study on bankrupt bond issues in the telecommunications sector in 1999.
- Bankrupt bonds to increase returns. CB // High Yield Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Reports improvement of prices and returns of bankrupt bonds in the year 2000. Negative return of bankrupt bonds for the year 1999; Industries affected by bankruptcies; Contribution of entrepreneurial risk on telecom bankruptcies; Correlation of long trading activities with bankruptcies; Grade...
- Curtains Fall For United Artists. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;04/17/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the prospects for United Artists Theatre Circuit's bonds due 2008 as the company nears bankruptcy.
- Oversight Manager Recommends Bankruptcy for Michigan Town. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31370, p39
Focuses on the examination on the recommendation made by emergency manager Ramona-Henderson Pearson on the bankruptcy of Highland Park City in Michigan. Opinion of the city officials on the bankruptcy situation; Study on the effect of bankruptcy; Proposal on the selling of bond.
- Illinois incinerator's reorganization OK'd. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/17/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30542, p3
Reports on the approval by the United States Bankruptcy Court of a reorganization plan for $79 million worth of revenue bonds issued in 1994 to finance an incinerator in Ford Heights, Illinois. Provision of investors with an ownership share in a new company that would operate the facility;...
- Debenture floating charges and the Insolvency Act 1986. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Dec1986, Vol. 98 Issue 1120, p49
Discusses the impact of the British Insolvency Act of 1986 on debenture floating charges. Scope and application of the Act; Procedures for filing a petition for the appointment of an administration of debentures; Implications on debentures trading.
- Almost free from bankruptcy. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;9/30/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p18
Reports on the plan of Crouse Hospital in Syracuse, New York to re-emerge under the protection of the U.S. bankruptcy court by offering bond debts to unsecured creditors and taking on debt in 2002. Objective of the hospital for its reorganization plan; Remarks from Standard & Poor's director...
- IN THE PIPELINE. // High Yield Report;11/20/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p5
Reports developments on the high yield market. Accounts on the bond offering of Seagate Technology International and Compaigne Generale de Geophysique; Details on the bankruptcy protection report filed by Pillowtex Corporation and ICG Communications Incorporated from creditors; Entry of Lorenzo...