Gov. Wilson calls for California's biggest-ever bond authorization
- California adopts budget--at last. // State Government News;Oct97, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p19
Reports that California Governor Pete Wilson has ended a seven-week impasse by signing the state's budget into law in August 1997. Provisions for schools; Absence of a budget for 49 days after the end of the fiscal year in June 30, 1997; Payment of state employees' wages.
- California budget battles hamper Wilson's '96 bid. Nifong, Christina // Christian Science Monitor;8/2/95, Vol. 87 Issue 173, p3
Focuses on the delay in passing the 1996 annual budget for California. Reasons; Speculations about Governor Pete Wilson's leadership.
- Wilson seeks new funding boost for state's schools. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;05/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p23
Focuses on an announcement made by Governor Pete Wilson of California, regarding the appropriation of an additional $500 million, to the education budget plan which was unveiled in January, 1998. Why the money was increased; Statements made by Wilson; Provisions of the budget plan.
- Education Not Prime Target in Calif. Budget Talks. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;6/23/1993, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p28
The article focuses on the education funding that has not been a prime target in the budget deliberations in California. The school officials campaigned to defeat the Governor's proposal to shift 300 million dollars in general education aid to categorical programs. But Governor Pete Wilson has...
- Budget spares many services. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;8/14/95, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p2
Reports that California Governor Pete Wilson has signed a spending plan and budget for fiscal year 1995 to 1996. Availability of Medicaid reimbursements for hospitals; Blue Cross of California's offering of loans to contracting hospitals; Proposals opposed by hospital association which were not...
- Wilson seeks extra funds for class-size cuts, tests, technology in California. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;05/21/97, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p14
Reports on California Governor Pete Wilson's increase of the 1997-1998 state budget to help pay for smaller class sizes, standardized tests and school technology. Allocation of funds to reduce K-3 class sizes; Authorization of the state school board to choose from existing standardized...
- Budget deficit results in layoffs at Cal. department. West, Diane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/12/96, Vol. 100 Issue 33, p2
Reports on California Governor Pete Wilson's passage of a bill authorizing the transfer of approximately $14 million from the state's general fund to offset the state insurance department's 1995-1996 budget deficit. Number of projected layoffs; Payment of the judgment in the National...
- CA's annual budget standoff not hurting providers--yet. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;08/03/98, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p6
Focuses on the delay in the approval of California's budget for fiscal 1999. Impact of the decision made by the state Legislature and Governor Pete Wilson (R) regarding emergency spending for all state debts incurred between July 1 and August 5, 1998; Remarks of Michael Dimmitt of the...
- Wilson offers half a loaf with tort reform plan. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p8
Discusses a tort reform proposal which was presented by California's Governor Pete Wilson. Stipulations of the proposal; Effects on legal processes; Reference to Democrats disapproval of this type of proposal.