Despite surpluses and strong economies, Northeast faces plenty of politics in '98
- Ninth district forecast. // Fedgazette;Jul97, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p11
Forecasts economic conditions in the Ninth District of the United States, covering Minnesota, South and North Dakota, Montana and Wisconsin. Nonfarm employment; Unemployment rate; Personal income; Authorized housing units; Retail sales.
- Water ways. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/08/96, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p22
Discusses the economic benefits of the upper Connecticut River. Survey of water-dependent businesses; Water-based recreation; Need to improve water quality; Other findings of Kari Dolan, Northeast water resources manager for the National Wildlife Federation.
- Political attitudes in the Northeastern states. Bowman, Karlyn; Ladd, Everett Carll // American Enterprise;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p106
Profiles the political attitudes of voters in Northeastern States. Independent and less Republican as characterization of voters; Perception on the administration of President Bill Clinton; Economic conditions in the states.
- Adaptability is key to successful banking in the Northeast. Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Dec82, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p73
No abstract available.
- Focus on the northeast. // American Nurseryman;4/1/95, Vol. 181 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the prospects of the nursery industry in the northeastern US states. Economic forecasts for the region; Aims of the New England Nursery Association; Need to maintain its unity.
- NORTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p30
Presents information on the government bonds market in Northeastern States as of March 20, 2000. Includes names of states; Amounts of bond issues; Approval status.
- Northeast Bond-Watch. Kruger, Daniel; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p31
Reports on developments related to the government bond market in Northeastern States as of March 20, 2000. Includes upgrading of bonds issued by the city of Chelsea, Massachusetts; New Jersey state lawmakers' proposed legislation that provides state assistance to cities.
- Northeast report. Hernan, Patrick // Pit & Quarry;Jan2000, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p19
Reports on the economic condition of stone producers in the Northeast region of the United States (US) during the 1990s. Market condition in West Virginia; Third quarter production in 1999, according to the US Geological Survey; Crushed-stone and gravel production volume by state in 1999.
- The Northeast: Back to life! Andel, Tom // Transportation & Distribution;Feb95, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the migration of companies to Northeast United States for distribution opportunities. New distribution patterns; Factors enhancing the competitive position of states from the distribution perspective; People's view of the Northeast; Factors to consider in selecting site strategy. ...