- Dain Bosworth, Rauscher Pierce teaming up to form top-10 firm. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p34
Reports on the merger between Dain Bosworth Inc. and Rauscher Pierce Refsnes Inc. to become Dain Rauscher Inc., creating the 10th largest full-service securities firm in the United States. Announcement of the merger by Interra Financial, the parent company of both firms; Effective date of,...
- Interra melds 2 brokerages into larger regional firm. Wirth, Gregg // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/20/97, Vol. 63 Issue 42, p15
Reports on Interra Financial's plan to combine its two broker-dealers subsidiaries Dain Bosworth Inc. Rauscher Pierce Refsnes Inc. Official name for the combined firm; Benefits of the consolidation for Interra; Factors that motivated Interra to initiate the merger.
- Rauscher Pierce merges with Dain Bosworth. Casellas, Carmen T. // Caribbean Business;11/27/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p6
Announces that the Puerto Rican firms Rauscher Pierce Refnes and Dain Bosworth have merged creating a firm with the second largest number of municipal underwriting transactions in the United States. Background information on both firms; Insight into their operations; How the entity will...
- Major public finance group coming to island. Casellas, Carmen T. // Caribbean Business;6/26/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p6
States that the Dallas-based investment banking firm of Rausher Pierce Refsnes Incorporated (RPR) is targeting Puerto Rico as its next growth area. Comments from Leslie O. Lynch Jr., RPR's executive vice president; Plan which RPR entered to accommodate its goal in Puerto Rico; Details on RPR.
- Arizona officials divided over charges against Rauscher. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;01/16/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30312, p4
Reports that Arizona officials are divided whether Rauscher Pierce Refnes Inc. engaged in any wrongdoing when it sold the state securities for a refunding escrow in 1992. Request from the treasurer's office to investigate Rauscher; Different conclusion of the state's Department of...
- Making analysts bet on their own recommendations. Duke, Suzanne // Medical Economics;9/25/95, Vol. 72 Issue 18, p21
Talks about stock analysts of Rauscher Pierce Refsnes Inc.'s more careful recommendations in stock buying. Investment of 40 percent of analysts' annual bonuses in in-house mutual fund; Status of fund in relation to the overall market.
- Rauscher loses banker, gains a consultant. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;10/23/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30258, p27
Reports on the resignation of Michael Abrams as full-time consultant and lobbyist for Rauscher Pierce Refsnes Inc. Abrams' comments.
- Two more additions for Rauscher N.Y. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;09/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30235, p40
Reports that Rauscher Pierce Refsnes Inc. has hired Craig Laraia and Tom Jennings as part of the firm's effort to strengthen its New York City municipal operations. Former jobs of the duo at Alex Brown & Sons; Responsibilities at Rauscher.
- Experts claim Arizona would have paid less for SLGS. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;02/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30331, p1
Discloses that Arizona would have saved between $50,000 and $75,500 if it had purchased state and local government series (SLGS) securities from the Treasury Department instead of open market Treasury securities from Rauscher Pierce Refsnes Inc. for the escrow for a $129.6 million refunding done...