Merger of First Union and CoreStates could create East Coast Powerhouse
- First Union expands private franchise. McGeer, Bonnie // High Yield Report;09/21/98, Vol. 9 Issue 36, p6
Presents information on the First Union Capital Markets company. Comments from Peter Barry, managing director at the company; Number of people that are employed by the company; Examination of transactions completed by the company.
- First Union building up merger advisory group. Goldblatt, Jennifer // American Banker;12/26/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 246, p8
Presents information on plans by First Union Capital Markets to upgrade its mergers and acquisitions group by appointing an estimated 20 professionals to the group. Anticipated growth from this effort; Reference to First Union's pending acquisitions of CoreStates Financial Corporation and...
- IRS balks at yield-burning settlement with CoreStates. Hume, Lynn Stevens; Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/18/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30353, p1
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is holding off its approval of its proposed yield-burning agreement with CoreStates Capital Markets Inc. Reasons behind breakdown in talks; Concern over trouble with interpretation or structure of proposed settlement; IRS' stance on a joint...
- CORESTATE LAUNCHES MANAGEMENT ENTITY. // EuroProperty;6/17/2013, p2
The article reports on the launch of the property management firm Capera Immobilien Service by Corestate Capital Markets Inc. in Germany.
- CDOs Turn Up the Heat in Market. Gregory, Michael // Private Placement Letter;09/11/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p7
Offers a look at the two deals in the collateralized debt obligation sector agented by First Union Capital Markets. Pricing for the Saint George Funding 2000-1; Information on the Falcon IV CBO deal.
- First Union adding equity to section 20 menu. Ben-Amos, Omri // American Banker;3/26/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 58, p21
Reports on First Union Corp.'s plans of adding equity underwriting to the roster of services being offered by its section 20 subsidiary, First Union Capital Markets Inc. Estimated new hires by the unit for this expansion; Target clientele of the service.
- DataSynapse Signs Deal With First Union Capital. // Securities Industry News;04/23/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p9
Reports the installation of Webproc platform in the First Union Capital Markets Inc. by the electronic commerce software vendor DataSynapse. Uses of the platform; Flexibility of First Union to scale DataSynapse application power on demand; Goal of the firm.
- CoreStates settlement has potential bright side for entire market. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;03/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30346, p33
Opinion. Comments on the impending yield-burning settlement between CoreStates Capital Market Inc., the US Securities and Exchange (SEC) Commission and the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Impact of settlement on the municipal bond market; Black-box escrow bond scams in the 1980s; Refusal by...
- IRS, SEC, CoreStates talks stall over tax penalty issue. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/23/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30356, p1
Reports on a deadlock in the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Securities and Exchange Commission settlement negotiations with CoreStates Capital Markets Inc. IRS's bid to impose penalties on the firm for alleged yield-burning abuses in municipal bonds; Tax implications of the penalties;...