California's Wilson pushes hard for $8 billion in school bonds
- Wilson offers half a loaf with tort reform plan. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p8
Discusses a tort reform proposal which was presented by California's Governor Pete Wilson. Stipulations of the proposal; Effects on legal processes; Reference to Democrats disapproval of this type of proposal.
- The creative conservative. // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/1/91, Vol. 57 Issue 24, p744
Presents a speech by California Governor Peter Wilson, `The Creative Conservative,' delivered at the 50th anniversary of the Hoover Tower at Stanford University in Stanford, California, on July 15, 1991, dealing with the issue of a reawakening of individual responsibility.
- Pete Wilson: California's comeback kid? Sneider, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;1/8/96, Vol. 88 Issue 29, p4
Profiles Pete Wilson, who will be reintroducing himself to the American people after his failure to become a Presidential nominee. Comments from Byron Sher, a northern California Democrat; Information on Wilson's political career; Wilson's hopes for the future.
- Setting the stage for a California comeback. Wilson, Pete // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/1/93, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p292
Presents a speech, `Setting the Stage for a California Comeback,' by the governor of the state of California, delivered before the State Legislature in Sacremento, California on January 6, 1993, in which he presented his State of the State Address.
- Pete Wilson kisses no ass. Shapiro, Walter // Esquire;Jun95, Vol. 123 Issue 6, p56
Focuses on California Governor Pete Wilson. Wilson's character; Pledge on the campaign trail; Pro-choice stand; Interview with Wilson.
- Gov. Wilson hits the campaign trail. Cross, Cheri // Inside Tucson Business;8/28/95, Vol. 5 Issue 22, p4
Reports that California Governor Pete Wilson has definitely gone campaigning for the presidency. His appearance at Tucson having been heckled by demonstrators; Reasons why he believes he is the only Republican Party member that can beat Bill Clinton in the 1996 general election.
- New regulator needed. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;12/22/97-12/29/97, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p21
Presents information on the recommendations of a task force in California to Governor Pete Wilson. Identification of the reasons for their recommendations; Information on how the task force was formed; Details on the task force's job description.
- Contributions to Governor Wilson's presidential campaign. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Siems, Shelby // Christian Science Monitor;5/25/95, Vol. 87 Issue 126, p2
Reports on the abandoning of contributions to Governor Wilson's presidential campaign since his surgery in April 1995. Wilson's formal announcement to be delayed until June 1995.
- Are you ready for President Pete Wilson? Smith, Errol // National Minority Politics;Oct95, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p22
Discusses the prospects for the candidacy of Pete Wilson for the office of President of the United States. View that Wilson is in touch with political concerns of most Americans, in particular on their xenophobia; View that Wilson is a great communicator of ideas; View that Wilson has a good...