District judge finds Tulsa, Okla., Authority was established illegally
- O'Leary warns Suffolk against arbitration. Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/22/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 35, p5A
Reports on the salary disagreement between Suffolk County and the police unions in Long Island, New York. Avoidance of binding arbitration decisions; Discussion of the contract issues; Result of the negotiation.
- Summit opens door to cross-county cooperation. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 42, p1
Details the cooperation between Fairfield and Westchester counties in the U.S. Organization of a Regional Roundtable; Similarities between the two counties; Discussion on police, fire and emergency services.
- Mailing in the Vote. Ardren, Bob // Sarasota Magazine;Apr2005, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p46
The article presents information related to the setting up of a police station in Sarasota, Florida. The city was supposed to have a referendum last March to approve issuing $20 million or so in bonds for building a new police station. But other things, such as finding an appropriate site...
- Councils set up joint mail directory. Shifrin, Tash // Computer Weekly;10/19/2004, p8
This article reports that ten Staffordshire, England local authorities, together with the county's police forces, have set up a joint directory to give thousands of staff instant access to one another's contact details and e-mail links. The Joined-Up Directory, launched by the Staffordshire...
- POSTCARDS. // American City & County;Jul2003, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p47
Presents an update on cities and counties in the U.S. as of July 2003. Reason the Seattle Police Department is phasing out its use of Kawasaki motorcycles for officers; Cost savings for the installation of a self-cleaning toilet in Washington, D.C.'s Metro line; Winner of the U.S. Police Canine...
- It's too soon to change Salt Lake County's form of government. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/11/97, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p18
Opposes the proposal to change the form of county government in Salt Lake, Utah. Need for a study to evaluate this proposal; Polarization of the community.
- VZ County Commissioners ask Burnett to recommend courthouse security committee. Weaver, Veta // Grand Saline Sun (TX);5/10/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 19, p1
The article highlights the topics discussed at the Van Zandt County Commissioners' meeting held May 2007, including the issue of courthouse security.
- Statewide redistricting could shift Hill Co. to District 8. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);4/20/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the impact of the statewide redistricting proposal on Hill County, Texas which could move the county to District 8 from District 10.
- Help for Growing Counties. // Christian Science Monitor;7/30/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 171, p8
Discusses the growth of county governments in the United States and the economic aspects of county government.