Results of negotiated sales
- Results of Competitive Sales. Herring, Felita; Anderson, August; Cruz, Judy // Bond Buyer;10/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30491, p23
Presents data regarding competitive sales of municipal bonds in the United States as of October 2, 1998. Includes the Guy-Perkins School District #34 bonds; Florida Department of Management Services' pool revenue bonds; Indiana-based Metropolitan School District's school building bonds.
- Why you should bond with munis. Scherreik, Susan // Money;Sep98, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p42E
Suggests that one should consider investing in municipal bonds. Explanation; Statistics; Returns; Vanguard Intermediate Municipal Bond as a top pick.
- Fund managers vary in determining when the price is right. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30190, p6
Details the strategy of Walter Beveridge and John Bonnell, two municipal money fund managers in the United States, in purchasing municipal bonds. Beveridge's claim that the first deal or two out of the chute as the cheapest; Pattern of pricing for 1997; Bonnell's preference to wait for the best...
- Municipal bonds the forgotten sister in investment. Chamberlin, George // San Diego Business Journal;04/20/98, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p41
Presents questions and answers on municipal bonds and insurance. Advantages and disadvantages of buying municipal bonds directly; Purpose of insurance.
- Munis Firm in Shorter Session As Yield Levels Attract Some Buyers. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32098, p2
Reports on the revival of some buying interest in the municipal bond market due to the comparative stability in Treasuries in the U.S. Improvement of the market; Percentage of ten-year triple-A rated general obligation bonds; Failure of traders to hold on their earlier gains except for the...
- Munis End 2005's Last Full Session Mixed. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/30/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32289, p2
The article reports developments on municipal bonds and Treasuries in the U.S. Such bonds declined briefly when a 20 billion dollars auction of year-Treasury notes got a slow reception. The notes offered a coupon at a price of 99.94, indicating stronger demand than the 2.16 ratio at the last...
- Revamping next year's tax strategies. Benporat, Joseph // Business Press;5/5/95, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p13
Reports on achieving a sound tax-savings strategy for 1995. List of ways to protect your earnings from taxes; Use of employer-sponsored qualified retirement plans; Addition of growth investment to your portfolio; Purchasing of municipal bonds.
- Yield backup and high taxes spark interest in short and long-term paper. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;03/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30345, p9
Reports on the active purchasing of municipal bonds by retail investors in Washington and Oregon. Motivating factors for the investors' interest; Effect of the trend on municipal bond business; Buyers and prices of the bonds.
- Yields Draw Some Individuals to Puerto Rico; Others Wait. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p2A
Reports the trend in the interest rates of insured bonds in the United States. Impact of the trend among retail investors; Effect of the trend to buying bonds.