Missouri high court permits tax refunds
- Illegal immigrants get tax refunds. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;8/1/94, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p43
Reports that more than 1,200 tax refunds were issued during the past year to people who are taggged as illegal immigrants to Canada. Observations about what could have accounted for this processing error.
- IRS must pay interest where original refund not received. // CPA Journal;Oct93, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the Seventh Circuit court ruling in the `Godfrey v. United States' case granting the taxpayers interest on the tax refunds for which the checks were not received. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) reason for disallowing the taxpayers' claim for interest payment; Failure of the IRS to...
- Providing direct deposit of refunds to 1040 paper filers. // Practical Accountant;Jan96, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p61
Reports on the release by the Internal Revenue Service of Form 888, Direct Deposit of Refund, which taxpayers could use inorder to have their tax refunds directly deposited in their checking or savings accounts. Announcement by IRS that the form cannot be used by people filing taxes...
- High court tax decisions. // Practical Accountant;Apr97, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on a US Supreme Court decision which held that the statute of limitations for filing refund claims cannot be extended on equitable grounds when a filing deadline was missed due to disabilities such as senility or alcoholism.
- Be wise with your windfall. Millner, Marlon // Black Enterprise;Jun96, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p76
Presents advice on the use of tax refunds. Includes paying off of credit card debts; Investments; Starting a business.
- Monitoring of refund claims. Aiyar, Sharda // Chemical Business;Mar1996, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p52
Reports on the Indian government's modification of a rule on tax refunds. Aim of facilitating prompt monitoring of refund claims.
- 142,000 tax refunds delayed. // Crain's Detroit Business;7/15/96, Vol. 12 Issue 29, p30
Reports on delayed tax refunds in Michigan. Factors for the delay, according to state Treasury Department.
- Refunds waiting to be claimed. // National Public Accountant;Mar94, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p8
Reports on uncollected 1992 tax refunds in the United States. Failure of their payees to leave correct, complete or updated addresses with the Internal Revenue Service; 1-800 telephone number for assistance.
- Thousands of taxpayers due refunds. // National Public Accountant;Mar96, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p11
Reports on tax refunds to be delivered by the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to certain individuals. Need for taxpayers to fill out Form 8822 and send it to the Service Center in order to avoid delays.
- A couple of reminders. Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;02/24/97, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p18
Enumerates tax reminders for taxpayers for the 1996 tax season. Allowing of federal tax refund to be directly deposited into taxpayer's bank account; Instructions for filling out tax refund forms; Inclusion of child's income on tax return slip; Exemptions.