- Is What's Right for the Rich Not Right for the Poor? CARA, SUE // Adults Learning;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p20
Reflects on the bids for funding received by the Adult and Community Learning Fund. Purpose of the Adult and Community Learning Fund; Information on the first two groups of projects that the Government has funded; Reason behind the little interest in using or focusing on the traditional...
- Gracefully ageing. // Adults Learning;Sep99, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on Green Candle, an organization founded by artistic director Fergus Early in 1987, which supports adult learning. Philosophy of the organization; What the organization offers to older people; Information on the organization's `Home' project.
- ACLF: A rich little slice of the funding cake. Eldred, Jan // Adults Learning;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the Adult and Community Learning Fund (ACLF) in Great Britain. Impact of ACLF; Discussion on the fund's projects; Purpose of establishing ACLF; Insights from an analysis of applicants to ACLF.
- New take on engaging the 'hard to reach'. // Adults Learning;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p16
Features the adult learning project of the organization Take 1 in Great Britain using media-based learning. Profile of participants; Ways of recruiting participants; Activities for learning; Discussion on how progress is measured.
- Spring-cleaning the system? Summers, Judith // Adults Learning;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p24
Asks whether the Learning and Skills Council's (LSC) strategic area reviews will be at the expense of valuing essential diversity. Significance of the reviews; Findings of studying adult learning in one district of some 79,000 people; Information on how the LSC will show strategic leadership in...
- Successful participation for all? Cara, Sue // Adults Learning;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the Learning and Skills Council's (LSC) document on consultation on its strategy for widening adult participation. Rationale for the decision of LSC to produce a strategy; Key sections of the report; Crucial part of the strategy that deserves better development and linking with issues.
- Delivering association education: Models for good practice. Baden, Clifford // Association Management;Oct97, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p41
Reports on a study on association education, conducted by the Greater Washington Society of Association Executives (GWSAE) Foundation. Information on the study; Reference to models of good practice, Tips for success, peer-driven learning and others; Benefits to be obtained from the book;...
- 'Education is life'. Groves, Bob // Adults Learning;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p20
Offers suggestion to the Workers' Educational Association (WEA) to make an educational difference. View of WEA on study; Clarification about situated learning.
- REACHING ADULT LEARNERS. // Adults Learning;Dec2004, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the invitation of the organization NIACE for nominations for the 2005 Adult Learners' Week Awards in Great Britain. Purpose of the awards; Closing date for applications.