IN MY OWN WORDS
- Women in the military? Tell it to the Marines. Unger, Steve // West County Journal;3/7/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 10, pB1
The article recalls the recruitment campaign aimed at women which used the slogan "Free a Marine to Fight!" that was launched by the U.S. Marine Corps in February 1943.
- "Not Enough Glory Hunters". // Time;7/23/1951, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p14
The article reports that the U.S. Marine Corps has resorted to the draft to shore up its ranks and to meet the 6,000-man monthly recruiting quota.
- For Corps and Country. Peterson, Gordon I. // Sea Power;Nov2001, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p42
Describes the training of United States Marine Corps recruits in Parris Island, South Carolina. Role of drill instructors in recruit training; Transformation process of recruits; Core values of the Marine Corps.
- Grads become corps salesmen. Cook, Sonja // Marines;Jul95, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p24
Discusses how the Recruiters School at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego, California, teaches the skills needed to sell the United States Marine Corps. Major Sylvester R. Foley III; Professional Selling Skills Four by Learing International; Basic recruiters course; Intense two-day...
- Esprit de TV. // Advertising Age's Creativity;Dec98, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p20
Looks at the recruitment campaign launched by the United States Marine Corp to attract young generations. Ad director; Reaction of Flying Tiger Films executive producer Jeff Devlin about the spot.
- Mean-Streets Marines. Paige, Sean // Insight on the News;10/18/99, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p20
Reports on the recruitment efforts of the United States (US) Marine Corps in inner cities and the challenges it faces. Approach used by the US Marine Corps in its recruitment efforts; Lack of inner city high school students that pass the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery Test;...
- Berkeley could face funding cuts after city shuts doors on U.S. Marines. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/20/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on the Semper Fi Act and its implications to the city of Berkeley, California after its decision to bar the U.S. Marine Corps from recruiting within city limits.
- AERO POSTER. // Aviation History;May2012, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p66
The article presents an image of a recruiting poster for the U.S. Marine Corps.
- Recruiting command becomes operational. Stoeckle, Keith // Marines;Feb94, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on the creation of the US Marine Corps Recruiting Command. Aim to improve command and control of the vital functions of the US Marine Corps; Factors affecting the recruitment in the US Marine Corps.