Mayport Council Remembers Pearl Harbor Anniversary
- Pacific Prospects. // Wilson Quarterly;Winter92, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p63
Introduces a series of articles regarding the 50th anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Thoughts on Japan's post-war economy.
- "Kimmel Case Dubbed 'Totally Political'". Cannon, Michael; Child, E. Tom // Naval History;Apr2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p9
Presents letters to the editor related to navy, published in the April 2004 issue of the journal "Naval History." Details of the corrections to an article published in the February 2004 issue of the journal; Issues related to Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor; Details of documents related to the...
- Fifty Years After the Pearl Harbor Surprise Attack. Yen Lee, S. // Chinese American Forum;Jan1992, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the history of Pearl Harbor attack by Japan fifty years after. The attack happened on December 7, 1941 in Oahu, Hawaii. An overview of the speech made by President George Herbert Walker Bush regarding the United States atomic bombing of Japan and the press conference to...
- Untitled. // Time;12/9/1966, Vol. 88 Issue 24, p29
The article announces the 25th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii in 1941.
- The Date 'Which Will Live in Infamy'. // Tennessee Tribune;12/9/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p6A
The article presents the commemoration of the Pear Harbor Day when Japan made a surprise attack on the U.S. Naval Base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on December 7, 1941.
- Billy Mitchell's Prophecy. // American Heritage;Feb1962, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p74
The article reports on the prophecy of Brigadier General William Mitchell involving his opinions on the inadequacies of the Pacific defenses in Hawaii and the Japanese aggression threat which induced a furor in the war department. Mitchell warned the Hawaiian Islands on the surprise air attack...
- THE SLIDE TO TOTAL AIR WAR. Sherry, Michael // New Republic;12/16/81, Vol. 185 Issue 24, p20
Focuses on the modern weapons of war in the light of the 40th anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Information that the accuracy and destructiveness of new devices like the machine gun made killing so efficient that nations, it was thought, could no longer sustain long wars and might...
- Remember Pearl Harbor. EDABURN, PATRICK // Moderate Voice;12/7/2012, p11
The author talks about the 71st anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor and the U.S. entry into the Second World War. He recalls the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941, which launched World War II, a global conflict of massive proportions that changed the world. More than 1,000 men of the...
- HINGE OF FATE. King, Michael B. // National Review;3/1/1993, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p32
This article discusses the World War II in the year of its 50th anniversary of the battle of Kasserine Pass in Tunisia. In this battle the U.S. forces engaged German forces directly for the first time. The attack on Pearl Harbor did not bring the U.S. into the war against the Axis, on December...