SEA POWER INTERNATIONAL
- Godzilla Methodology: Means for Determining Center of Gravity. Butler, James P. // JFQ: Joint Force Quarterly;2014 1st Quarter, Issue 72, p26
The article focuses on the objective of U.S. combatant commanders in planning their military operations keeping in view of the strength of the enemy. Topics discussed include conducting an analysis of enemy force capabilities termed as center of gravity, necessity of planners and analysts of...
- The contribution of the German naval industry to securing international sea lines of communication and to crisis management. Kossendey, Thomas // Naval Forces;2012 Special Issue, Vol. 33, p5
The article focuses on the role of the German naval industry in ensuring that the German Navy has accomplished its international mission in the sea lines of communication and crisis management. It says that the industry provides innovative solutions in the field of surface combatants as well as...
- Shared Interests. Tusa, Francis // Defense Technology International;Jan2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p95
The author reflects on the compatibility of Great Britain and France in defense matters. He cites several failed collaborative defense initiatives between the two countries from the 1970s to the 1980s. He mentions the successful sharing of sensors between the Royal Navy vessels and their French...
- France and UK team up to develop missile. // Environmental Engineering;Autumn2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the development of a next-generation helicopter anti-surface weapon by the governments of Great Britain and France. The anti-surface weapon is being developed to be an armament for the AW159 Lynx Wildcat helicopter of the Royal Navy and the NH90 and Panther helicopters of...
- Russian, British navy sailors to combat terrorist threats together. Interfax // Russia & FSU General News;11/14/2013, p1
MOSCOW. Nov 14 (Interfax-AVN) - Rear Admiral Nikolai Yevmenov, the head of the Russian Northern Fleet headquarters, and David Fields, naval attache of the British embassy in Moscow.
- Charity begins at home. Lancaster, Pat // Middle East;Mar2003, Issue 332, p66
Focuses on the legal status of non-U.S. nationals in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Classification of the detained men as unlawful combatants; Dismissal of lawsuits to have the status of detained men by U.S. courts; Need to implement a legal identity to the detained men.
- ABD Ulusal GÃ¼venlik Stratejisinin KÃ¼resel UygulayÄ±cÄ±larÄ±: CoÄŸrafi Muharip KomutanlÄ±klar. BİNGÖL, Oktay // Security Strategies Journal;4/ 1/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p133
The U.S. national security strategies from the Cold War Period to the present have shown significant changes. Especially in the period after the Cold War, the use of soft power together with hard power has gained increased importance. The practices such as pre-emptive war, unilateralism and...
- WAR RECORD. Manley, Brendan // Military History;Mar2011, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p9
This section presents a chronology of combatants and war-related events.
- U.S. TLAMs Give Britain More Options. Willett, Lee // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Mar1999, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p56
Reports on the British Royal Navy's purchase of tomahawk land-attack missiles (TLAM) from the United States Navy in 1999. Rationale for the deal; Tomahawk use by the US Navy; Test-firing of the armed TLAM; Lessons for Great Britain.