Indian Navy's 15-Year Modernization Plan Progresses
- ROK to Select KDX-III Combat System. Sherman, Kenneth B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jul2002, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p18
Focuses on the selection of manufacturer by the Republic of South Korea for KDX-III destroyers combat system. Cost of the program; Competition of Thales Nava Nederland and Lockheed Martin for the award; Offer of Active Phased Array Multifunction Radar by Thales.
- Aegis Destroyer Shoup Delivered to the Navy. // All Hands;Apr2002, Issue 1020, p12
Reports on the delivery of the Aegis guided-missile destroyer Shoup from Northrop Grumman Ship Systems to the U.S. Navy in April 2002.
- KDX-III Combat System Chosen. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Sep2002, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p18
Reports that Lockheed Martin will provide its Aegis weapons system for the Republic of South Korea Navy's planned KDX-III guided-missile destroyers. Schedule of delivery; Amount of the deal; Reason for choosing Lockheed Martin.
- Aegis for Korean KDX-III Destroyers. Sherman, Kenneth B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p26
Announces the award of a contract for the supply of the Aegis systems for the Republic of (South) Korea Navy's (ROKN) next-generation KDX-III-class ships to Lockheed Martin Naval Electronics and Surveillance Systems. Contract coverage to deliver the Aegis computer program and equipment to...
- DDG-1000--Most Capable Combat Ship Navy Has Ever Built, Raytheon Official Says. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;7/25/2008, Vol. 239 Issue 18, p8
The article focuses on the argument from the officials of Raytheon Co. concerning the operability of the DDG-1000 combat ships of the U.S. Navy. According to Dan Smith, president of Raytheon's Integrated Defense Systems division, the DDG-1000 destroyers have been integrated with multi-mission...
- Double-Barreled Killer. // Time;1/7/1952, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p13
The article highlights the 5,500-ton U.S.S. Norfolk, the largest destroyer leader which arrived in Camden, New Jersey in January 1952.
- Homeward. // Time;4/7/1923, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the refueling of the American flotilla of 20 destroyers in the Near East in April 1923 while awaiting orders to return home.
- Germany is Selling Israel Two Guided Missile Destroyers. // Israel Faxx;12/9/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 242W, p3
The article reports on Israel's acquisition of two guided missile destroyers from Germany for one billion euros each in 2013.
- Handling the Arleigh Burkes-Part Two. Moran, Gene; Morrison, Amy // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jul2000, Vol. 126 Issue 7, p85
Part II. Provides information on the Arleigh Burke (DDG-51)-class destroyers of the United States. Backing effect of a twist; Means for adjusting bow movements; Pitch-control breakover point; Shiphandling challenges.