THE INDUSTRIAL BASE
- Correction. // Military Technology;2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p15
A correction to an article on the involvement of Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding Inc. in JSF EOTS that was published in the Issue 11 is presented.
- Northrop lands $1.9B contract. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p10
Reports the contract awarded to Northrop Grumman Ship Systems for the creation of 51-class Aegis-guided missile destroyers for the U.S. Navy.
- DD(X) DESIGN CONTRACT FOR NGSS-LED GOLD TEAM. // Naval Forces;Aug2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p148
Report the DD(X) design contract for Northrop Grumman Sea Systems. Inclusion of 13 engineering development models to demonstrate major technologies; Acquisition of 50 surface combatants under the program; Competition on future production contracts; Proposal to offer better value for money on...
- Coast Guard awards contract for production of Maritime Security Cutter. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Oct2004, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the contract awarded to Integrated Coast Guard Systems for the production of the first Maritime Security Cutter, Large by the U.S. Coast Guard in the U.S. Significance of the project to the Deepwater System program of the agency; Role of defense contractor Northrop Grumman Ship...
- Navy Plan Shifts Construction of Three DDG-1000s To Bath Iron Works. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;4/14/2009, Vol. 242 Issue 9, p2
The article reports on the plans of the U.S. Navy regarding the construction of three DDG-1000 destroyers. The Navy has decided to shift the construction of all the three destroyers from General Dynamics Corp. to Bath Iron Works Corp. and the DDG-51s to the company Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding....
- Navy Announces Contract Award Values for LCSs 3 and 4. // Washington Letter of Oceanography;12/14/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p1
The article announces the contract of pricing awarded by the U.S. Navy for the fiscal year (FY) 2010 littoral combat ship (LCS) program for LCS 3 and LCS 4 construction. Lockheed Martin Corp. was awarded a total of 470,854,144 U.S. dollars for the LCS 3 contract while a contract for 433,686,769...
- First Steel Cut for Deepwater Cutter. // Sea Power;Oct2004, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p44
The article presents a photograph featuring a Northrop Grumman Ship Systems Inc. burner specialist cutting the first steel to begin construction of the first Maritime Security Cutter, Large, at the company's shipyard in Pascagoula, Mississippi. The 421-foot-long, 4,112-ton multimission cutter...
- New Burke DDG Christened at NGSS Ingalls Honors Hawaiian Hero of Pacific Campaign. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Feb2003, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p20
Reports developments related to military science in the U.S. as of February 2003. Selection of Chung Hoon as Arleigh Burke-class Aegis guided-missile destroyer; Agreement between GE Marine Engines and Northrop Grumman Ship Systems; Completion of the developmental testing of the onboard...
- Gold Team Selected To Build DD(X) Family of Warships. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Jun2002, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the contracts awarded by the United States Navy on a consortium led by Northrop Grumman Ship Systems to build the DD(X) family of warships. Estimated value of the deal; Integration of advanced warfare systems in the warships; Features of the warship.