Marines Prep for Long Iraq Deployment: Far-flung Fifth Fleet Hunts Down Foes
- Sailing Into Uncertainty. Graves, Brad; Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the deployment of the U.S. Marines Corps for a possible military action in the Middle East. Effect of the deployments on sales tax revenue and economy; Comparison of the situation to the 1991 Gulf War; Forecast of an increase in defense spending.
- S.D. Housing Market Starting To Feel Pinch of Deployment. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p5
Outlines the effects of the deployment of the U.S. Marines Corps for possible military conflict in the Middle East on the housing market in California. Plan of property owners to reduce rental fees and offer move-in incentives; Efforts of owners to attract tenants; Increase of vacancy rates.
- The Marines Have Landed ...Again. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p39
Presents an update on Operation Enduring Freedom of the U.S. Marine Corps as of April 2002. Deployment of forces of a Marine Expeditionary Unit in eastern Afghanistan in early March; Number of days at sea spent by the CVN USS Theodore Roosevelt, without a port call; Number of Seabees from Naval...
- Deploying women. Taylor, Heath // Marines;May96, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p3
Describes the US Marine Corps' deployment of four women in the Marine Expeditionary Unit for six weeks in the Western Pacific. Ship modification to accommodate women officers; Duties and responsibilities; Includes US Marine service member First Lieutenant Melissa Kuo.
- Foreign air interaction. Taylor, Heath // Marines;May96, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p19
Describes the US Marine Corps' expeditionary unit in Kuwait. Interaction with other services and foreign military forces; Training scenarios including joint air interoperability exercise; Refueling facilities; Learning experiences.
- An October 1812 description of United States Marines near Albany, New York. Gero, Anthony // Military Collector & Historian;Summer2014, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p101
The article discusses a news article on U.S. Marines ans sailors published in "American Watchman" in October 10, 1812 issue and presents a reprint of the article.
- Tour Lengths Change For Sailors Serving in Marine Units in Japan. // All Hands;Dec2004, Issue 1052, p11
Presents the information that sailors serving with the U.S. Marine Corps units in Okinawa and Iwakuni, Japan, can now expect to serve longer tours.
- A Dispatch from the Edge of War/ That's Why They Call 'Em U.S. Marines. North, Oliver // Human Events;3/10/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p1
Describes the conditions of the U.S. Marine Corps' 7th Marine Regiment deployed in Iraq. Focus of their mission; Sentiments of the troop.
- 1ST BATTALION, 3RD MARINE REGIMENT. // Marines;Jan-Mar2011, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p50
The article offers information on the 1st Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment of the United States. Marine Corps. deployed in Helmand, Afghanistan. It states that the regiment is also known as Lava Dogs. Their contributions includes fighting in the second battle of Fallujah, removing the sanctuary of...